Any farang bars in sisaket?

davetrout

Hey guy's,

just wanting to know of any bars where farangs go for a slurp in sisaket. Coming there in 2 weeks be good check out some drinking establishments.

cheers dave

Edited by davetrout

Hey guy's,

just wanting to know of any bars where farangs go for a slurp in sisaket. Coming there in 2 weeks be good check out some drinking establishments.

cheers dave

Yes there are (in no particular order)

1) Nong&Franks 'Livin in the Past' . Good German food. Wealth of local info as oldest farang restaurant here.

2) Leo's. Thai/Farang food in nice/new restaurant with an extensive range of beers!

3) Hong Kong Garden. Thai/Cantonese/English home Cooked foods.pleasant Garden.& great pizza's

4) Pop in . Nice restaurant for Thai/farang foods.

5) Cuckoo's Nest. Handy location/Quiz nights/International foods.

Most will have FB pages or be on Google maps, for location.

In addition to the above SSK has some good Thai run restaurants/coffee shops etc.

I'm sure you mean Sisaket town, not province, but if you felt like going out of town, Kantharalak (60km south) has two falang bars with possibly the most number of falang customers in occupation of any town in Isaan - during the period noon to 7pm. Why that is I haven't quite worked out other than they seem to like each other and have avoided cliquey fall-outs that tend to beset others.

See my guide to accommodation and entertainment in Meuang Kantharalak in the attached Word document

Kantaralak hotels & ents 14jan17.docx

• 6 months later...

Thought you just said Ubon in another post! Never mind - I cover both as I live in changwat Sisaket (Kantharalak) and get my licks on Meuang Ubon too! Have never seen a hockey game being enjoyed in any bar around Thailand. Not being perjorative - have nothing against hockey or its maniac fans, just stating a personal observation.

There are a couple of bars who might be persuaded to switch the TV on (if off) or change the channel since there are generally amenable types in there who might even watch it with you if you provide some entertaining commentary/pointers/anecdotes. Those would be:

N-Joy Bar (meuang Ubon). Maybe Ubon Irish Pub too

Black Dog Bar, Kantharalak town 

[Sorry Ting - your mob are much more set into whatever they've come to watch!]

Normally watched sports in Sisaket/Ubon are football (soccer not NFL), rugby union, Ozzie NRL rugby League, F1 and ladies basketball  (yes, you guessed right why!). Black Dog customers are the most eclectic and will watch competitive hairdressing if its a slow day in rainy season:post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by SantiSuk

18 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Thought you just said Ubon in another post! Never mind - I cover both as I live in changwat Sisaket (Kantharalak) and get my licks on Meuang Ubon too! Have never seen a hockey game being enjoyed in any bar around Thailand. Not being perjorative - have nothing against hockey or its maniac fans, just stating a personal observation.

There are a couple of bars who might be persuaded to switch the TV on (if off) or change the channel since there are generally amenable types in there who might even watch it with you if you provide some entertaining commentary/pointers/anecdotes. Those would be:

N-Joy Bar (meuang Ubon). Maybe Ubon Irish Pub too

Black Dog Bar, Kantharalak town 

[Sorry Ting - your mob are much more set into whatever they've come to watch!]

Normally watched sports in Sisaket/Ubon are football (soccer not NFL), rugby union, Ozzie NRL rugby League, F1 and ladies basketball  (yes, you guessed right why!). Black Dog customers are the most eclectic and will watch competitive hairdressing if its a slow day in rainy season:post-4641-1156694572:

i'll be in both ubon and sisaket.  probably a month in ubon and 2 weeks in sisaket. altogether 3.5 months in thailand.  probably end up much longer in isarn as we are showing off the new baby to the family.    

Edited by rocket2

i'll be in both ubon and sisaket.  probably a month in ubon and 2 weeks in sisaket. altogether 3.5 months in thailand.  probably end up much longer in isarn as we are showing off the new baby to the family.    

If you need any info about Sisaket, take a visit to see Frank in 'living in the past'. He is very helpful and also makes great German food too. His is the longest running farang place in SSK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 20/01/2017 at 4:50 AM, DILLIGAD said:

Yes there are (in no particular order)

1) Nong&Franks 'Livin in the Past' . Good German food. Wealth of local info as oldest farang restaurant here.

2) Leo's. Thai/Farang food in nice/new restaurant with an extensive range of beers!

3) Hong Kong Garden. Thai/Cantonese/English home Cooked foods.pleasant Garden.& great pizza's

4) Pop in . Nice restaurant for Thai/farang foods.

5) Cuckoo's Nest. Handy location/Quiz nights/International foods.

Most will have FB pages or be on Google maps, for location.

In addition to the above SSK has some good Thai run restaurants/coffee shops etc.

Good info.