Laptop Recommendations

roderick17

Hi

I'm in  the market for a new computer, but I'm not sure exactly what I want.  In general terms, I want  one that has a fast processor, can handle  complex spreadsheets - and some graphics.  I'm prepared to pay  up to 60,000 baht for something that looks good and performs well . Weight isn't a problem, so as long as I can pick the thing up - I'll go with it

I've looked at an Asus Zenbook , but I'm not sure what the best configuration - in terms of RAM and so on - is the best I can get for the money I intend to spend 

Does anyone have any recommendations !

Here is what I suggest: go to Invade IT http://www.invadeit.co.th/ and look over their offerings.

Send an email with any questions you may have to Thomas at Invade IT. Describe what you need. He will not steer you wrong. Invade is the only place to buy computer gear in Thailand as far as I am concerned. Good luck.

Edited by Seligne2
Typo

Just read an article on Photoshop, and that it really pressed the processing power of a computer.

So my guess is that for complicated spreadsheet and graphics you need a computer that handles Photoshop with ease.

If you do contact the Hua Hin computer mob, talk to Thomas and tell him you want a computer to easily handle Photoshop.

I've bought a few things off them (after the recommendations of people on this forum), and seems a good place to do business, although you do pay for shipping from Hua Hin.

I did buy a cheapish laptop, (that failed after a week, manufactured fault not the Hua Him company), sent it back to Thomas and he sent it back to the manufacturer for repair and returned it to me. He didn't have to, so good customer service from the shop as well.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

With a mid range budget, such as yours I would focus on three areas: Processor, Storage and Ram. Max out all you can in these three  areas.

Processor - have a read here - http://bit.ly/2jJr20j

Ram MINIMUM 16gb - push hard for up to 64GB if you can.

STORAGE. SSD Drive (Must have for performance)

GPU (Graphics) I would choose NVIDIA, but others work well too, max out as best you can on GPU, RAM

The rest is very much personal taste

Mal - 20yrs computer shop owner

Edited by MalandLee
Add

5 hours ago, MalandLee said:

With a mid range budget, such as yours I would focus on three areas: Processor, Storage and Ram. Max out all you can in these three  areas.

GPU (Graphics) I would choose NVIDIA, but others work well too, max out as best you can on GPU, RAM

Bt60K is mid range?

You can get a very decent spec for that price.

Chico - Computer purchaser since Portables were the size of suitcases.

:smile:

12 hours ago, MalandLee said:

"Ram MINIMUM 16gb - push hard for up to 64GB if you can."

In a laptop?

The question is really wide. I sit by a computer everyday, and not using it for new high demanding games. If you are not going to play thoose kind of games, I have a hard time figuring out why you would like to spend an amount like 60000 Bath for a computer. Today the industry regarding computer moves so quickly, so a new one for that much money are like slow tomorrow. I would suggest that you take a wise choise and buy a good computer for about 20-25K Bath instead. It will actually be very quick and can be used for many things. Just a thought.

36 minutes ago, Get Real said:

The question is really wide. I sit by a computer everyday, and not using it for new high demanding games. If you are not going to play thoose kind of games, I have a hard time figuring out why you would like to spend an amount like 60000 Bath for a computer. Today the industry regarding computer moves so quickly, so a new one for that much money are like slow tomorrow. I would suggest that you take a wise choise and buy a good computer for about 20-25K Bath instead. It will actually be very quick and can be used for many things. Just a thought.

Thanks Get Real - you may well be right. I like to buy top- end stuff and pay for performance. I'm now going down to Pantip to see what I can get for my money !

Roderick 

10 minutes ago, roderick17 said:

Thanks Get Real - you may well be right. I like to buy top- end stuff and pay for performance. I'm now going down to Pantip to see what I can get for my money !

Roderick 

Sure, if that´s your goal then you should buy what you want. Pantip have a lot. Been there many times when I stayed in Bangkok.

• 2 weeks later...

I would go for something suitable for Windows & Macintosh capability.? For that sort of money .. So here is my list for you to look at ..

1. Lenovo Y50-70 2. Dell Inspiron 15 7559  3. Lenovo Z50-70  4. HP ProBook 450 G3

5.Asus Zenbook UX305FA 6. Lenovo G50-70 7.HP Probook 450 G1  8. Lenovo Ideapad u430 9. Dell XPS 15 9530 10.Lenovo G40-70..

Edited by Nicolas32

get a macbook pro...rock solid, blows PC laptops outta da water!

Agree but bl@@dy awful for using (Windows based) Excel on (I have to use an external keyboard / mouse when using it).

Yes I know you can get Office for OSX, but that doesn't help me when I'm remoted into my work's VDI

To the OP, SSD is a must, after that get the 2nd fastest processor available & max out the RAM, anything left after that spend on a decent home-setup.