Women's anti-Trump march clogs Washington streets

rooster59

37 minutes ago, RealisticRon said:

Drowning in liberal tears hahaha.

I don't need to try and justify what the woman is feeling.  But I know enough about human nature to know that there are fringe characters at every event which sparks strong emotions.  It manifests on the fringes of the right wing also, like when a man goes up in a tower at a college and shoots people with a rifle.  Or more recently, when a right winger in Texas (or states-righters in Oregon and Idaho) went and shot several policemen.   If you know anything about human nature, you know there are nutcases at the fringes.

Unfortunately for the US right now; right wingers got hoodwinked into voting for a TV personality who is surrounding himself with other dangerous dufuses.  More to come.....

4 minutes ago, rijb said:

Get off your high horse.  You didn't get it either.  It's about the link title.

I think for myself. If you want to let the picture caption think for you, that's your choice.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

Let me explain it to you: the picture shows a WOMAN, an AMERICAN and a MUSLIM at the same time!

That would be 2 MINORITIES, the Pussygrabber in Chief insulted repeatedly and the NATION, he stole!

It would only be clearer, if she also wore a sombrero!

Got it now?

Actually, it's one person: A Muslim American women. In the U.S. neither women nor Americans are minorities. 

46 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I don't need to try and justify what the woman is feeling.  But I know enough about human nature to know that there are fringe characters at every event which sparks strong emotions.  It manifests on the fringes of the right wing also, like when a man goes up in a tower at a college and shoots people with a rifle.  Or more recently, when a right winger in Texas (or states-righters in Oregon and Idaho) went and shot several policemen.   If you know anything about human nature, you know there are nutcases at the fringes.

Unfortunately for the US right now; right wingers got hoodwinked into voting for a TV personality who is surrounding himself with other dangerous dufuses.  More to come.....

I think for myself. If you want to let the picture caption think for you, that's your choice.

Your posts say different.  They're more about putting labels on people, than critical thinking.

30 minutes ago, Toronto said:

Actually, it's one person: A Muslim American women. In the U.S. neither women nor Americans are minorities. 

Sorry about the women - part...and I bever said, Americans are a minority!

2 hours ago, rijb said:

It would be interesting to know how many of those 'victims' voted.

That does matter how?

Trump made horrific statements about both women and Muslims!

That is a fact!

Nothing to do with who voted!

2 minutes ago, DM07 said:

That does matter how?

Trump made horrific statements about both women and Muslims!

That is a fact!

Nothing to do with who voted!

It might have changed the election.  Try to keep up.

3 hours ago, sujoop said:

wmataINAUGvsWOMENSMARCH-1024x722.jpg

It's almost as if the Metro authorities are trolling Trump by sending out regular tweets comparing riderships.

But they're not the only ones. During the inauguration:

Pastor Samuel Rodriguez recites the Beatitudes (the “blessed are the poor” stuff). Nice subtle trolling, Hispanic pastor guy!

Then the chorus sang about welcoming strangers as Trump prepares to rescind DACA and tear families apart. May be the choir were trolling him too!

8 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Not clear at all. Less than 60% of Americans voted at all and miilons of women who voted for Trump were home working or taking care of their families. He was elected president by a considerable margin. They had no reason to march or protest after a satsifying win.

It is clear.  His approval rating is only 40%.  Meaning 60% don't approve of what he's doing.  And he was not elected by a considerable margin and you know that.  It was one of the closest races ever.

9 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

It is clear.  His approval rating is only 40%.  Meaning 60% don't approve of what he's doing.  And he was not elected by a considerable margin and you know that.  It was one of the closest races ever.

Popular vote, it wasn't one of the closest races ever. Hillary won that in a definitive way. Electoral college vote was historically not a large margin for trump, and the only reason he won that at all were a few surprise states that he won with very thin margins. So it was not close popular, but vote-wise was close electorally. 

What's annoying is that trumpists aren't interested in facts. They keep pushing this BIG LIE that trump has a mandate and won a landslide election. Totally false. The actual reality is that he is a MINORITY president, meaning most Americans oppose him. But he's acting like he has a mandate ... his speech was only to his base, and he's now dividing the USA in a massive way with such B.S. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Nah, the only fact which counts now is that he is the President of the USA. Nothing wrong with that.

He's president yes which now means he's supposed to do the job. That one of his first acts is pushing a BIG LIE about the crowds at his inauguration, yes, yet another bad omen. 

He says it's for the people, but it's only his supporters he's making any pledges too ... most Americans are NOT his supporters. See the problem there? 

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, DM07 said:

Let me explain it to you: the picture shows a WOMAN, an AMERICAN and a MUSLIM at the same time!

That would be 2 MINORITIES, the Pussygrabber in Chief insulted repeatedly and the NATION, he stole!

It would only be clearer, if she also wore a sombrero!

Got it now?

Im thinking more along the lines of stupidity....  why?

1/ here we see women using an icon which represents female suppression, while squealing about women's right.... confused they are. (Although I would seriously crack up if I saw US flag design burkas!!! ?)

2/ the time for these marches was last year, when perhaps they may have made an impact on the election.... duh.... it's too late now... the fat lady has sung.... Dons the new sherif in town, game over... 

8 hours ago, Diplomatico said:

He won 304 electoral votes to 227 electoral votes.  That's the only reason he's president.  You and your whiny liberal friends can cry all day about "popular vote" this or that.....doesn't make a whit of difference.  

Btw, were those NBC news polls the same ones that were predicting an 80% chance of a Hillary Clinton victory?  How'd that work out?

Electoral votes, hmm, sounds cozy. Here's a thought. Democracy - a system of government by the whole population.

Not only the protests about him worldwide, but he even disputes photographic evidence showing the poor attendance at his inauguration... :cheesy:

Trump claims media 'dishonest' over crowd photos

_93733565_view_reu976.jpg

Trump's inauguration (left) and Obama's in 2009, viewed from the Washington Monument

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38707722

The guy lives in a fantasy land of denial... 

37 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Im thinking more along the lines of stupidity....  why?

1/ here we see women using an icon which represents female suppression, while squealing about women's right.... confused they are. (Although I would seriously crack up if I saw US flag design burkas!!! ?)

2/ the time for these marches was last year, when perhaps they may have made an impact on the election.... duh.... it's too late now... the fat lady has sung.... Dons the new sherif in town, game over... 

The election is over but the RESISTANCE is just getting started. 

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The resistance has started with Brexit. Now Trump. What's next? Le Pen, Wilders... These protest will fizzle out very soon. Same as the occupy movement and others.....

Teresa May to be first head of state to visit him...

Wonder why??? probably because it is customary to invite ones host for a reciprocal visit, no doubt he expects a full state visit with all the pomp including a few days shacked up in Buck House. 

Oh Boy, is he in for a reality shock, suspect when he does come, London will grind to a halt with major protests that even he could not fail to notice.

7 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

The resistance has started with Brexit. Now Trump. What's next? Le Pen, Wilders... These protest will fizzle out very soon. Same as the occupy movement and others.....

trump is not the same thing as Brexit. trump is more like a Putin style authoritarian taking over the USA. You're not American, I take it? 

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Interesting way of putting it... fair one.

perhaps by 2020, the stupidity will have given way to sensible reasoned thought, and more than 55% of voters will turn out, before the fact, to have their say, instead of bitching about it after the fact.

the country voted.... the people had their say.... the people now have their way.... nod your head, smile... and bring your own KY jel.

We can't turn back history. We have to deal with what's happening now. The dark reality that the USA elected a nutcase authoritarian that calls his opponents, fellow Americans that represent the majority of Americans, THE ENEMIES. He's like Putin, but obviously less slick. 

Edited by Jingthing

25 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Not only the protests about him worldwide, but he even disputes photographic evidence showing the poor attendance at his inauguration... :cheesy:

The guy lives in a fantasy land of denial... 

Trump is so bugged by the news reports of smaller the crowd at his inauguration that he called this press conference, which was really just a propaganda announcement, for the sole purpose of refuting the reality of the low attendance.

Also, not a peep about the massive worldwide Women's march.

2 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Trump is so bugged by the news reports of smaller the crowd at his inauguration that he called this press conference, which was really just a propaganda announcement, for the sole purpose of refuting the reality of the low attendance.

Also, not a peep about the massive worldwide Women's march.

He also went on and on about it in a speech at the CIA. Like his ego issues matter to the CIA! The man's a nutcase with the nuclear codes. Be afraid. 

1 minute ago, kannot said:

democracy in action ....huh! but  ok when will the military step in, funny he gets voted in then some dont want him, well tough titty

Yes, we're stuck with him. He was legally elected but stay tuned, there may be legal means of removing him. One word -- IMPEACHMENT.