Women's anti-Trump march clogs Washington streets

rooster59

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, kannot said:

democracy in action ....huh! but  ok when will the military step in, funny he gets voted in then some dont want him, well tough titty

Tough titties indeed. If you finally realize you've just eaten a turd sandwich, you're not allowed to gag. Just be patriotic, rub your tummy and act like you enjoyed it.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, we're stuck with him. He was legally elected but stay tuned, there may be legal means of removing him. One word -- IMPEACHMENT. 

Impeachment takes too long... probably only happen just before his term of office is due to end

...and that is if he were to be re elected in 4 years time.

3 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Impeachment takes too long... probably only happen just before his term of office is due to end

...and that is if he were to be re elected in 4 years time.

Some legal authoritarians think he's already committed impeachable offenses related to his business interests. Yes, the moment he was sworn in. Of course the trick is to get hard evidence and enough republicans to get on board. 

10 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

Once again, your facts are incorrect - Trump did not win "...by a considerable margin." He lost the popular vote by 3 million votes.

Clinton      65,844,954 48.32%
Trump      62,979,879 46.22%
Johnson        4,360,873 3.20%
Stein        1,357,013 1.00%
McMullin          747,993 0.55%
Write-ins          545,048 0.40%
Other          437,963 0.32%
Total    136,273,723 100%

Source: http://www.statisticbrain.com/voting-statistics/

The only reasons that Trump is president is because of  (A) an archaic voting system which was originally enshrined in the Constitution at the insistence of rural states with smaller populations who feared that slavery would be abolished and (B) massive efforts by states to disenfranchise black, Latino, and other voters who traditionally voted for Democratic candidates.

He enters the White House with the lowest approval rating in history: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/trump-enters-office-historically-low-rating-n708071

You definitely outliked the Trump likers by a wide margin similar to the voting results. For a change you would have to rip this voting system from the Republicans cold dead hands. 

4 hours ago, rijb said:

Your posts say different.  They're more about putting labels on people, than critical thinking.

You're right.  I have been name-calling recently, more than I have since I was a skinny kid running around the schoolyard.  I've been dragged down almost to Trump's level.  If someone is throwing mud cakes at you, you might as well throw some back.  One thing I think all of us can agree upon:  HE SURE IS A DIVIDER.

3 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Nah, the only fact which counts now is that he is the President of the USA. Nothing wrong with that.

"nothing wrong with that" ....if you'd like to see the US go bankrupt and possibly engage in a few unwarranted wars.   ....and if you like seeing oil spills off seacoasts, nothing wrong with The Divider as prez.  Certainly he, his family, and his associates will get richer.  Nothing wrong with that, if you're one of his buddies.

8 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

"nothing wrong with that" ....if you'd like to see the US go bankrupt and possibly engage in a few unwarranted wars.   ....and if you like seeing oil spills off seacoasts, nothing wrong with The Divider as prez.  Certainly he, his family, and his associates will get richer.  Nothing wrong with that, if you're one of his buddies.

What did you smoke?

10 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

You're right.  I have been name-calling recently, more than I have since I was a skinny kid running around the schoolyard.  I've been dragged down almost to Trump's level.  If someone is throwing mud cakes at you, you might as well throw some back.  One thing I think all of us can agree upon:  HE SURE IS A DIVIDER.

At the very least, let's give him a chance. People haven't stopped jumping over him since even before he was sworn in. I voted for him, but I'm prepared to call him an a#*hole if he proves to be one. Just like I did with Obama. I also voted for him. It's not the end of the world. Have a beer, kiss your wife, watch a movie, pet the dog...Chill!

5 minutes ago, Toronto said:

At the very least, let's give him a chance. People haven't stopped jumping over him since even before he was sworn in. I voted for him, but I'm prepared to call him an a#*hole if he proves to be one. Just like I did with Obama. I also voted for him. It's not the end of the world. Have a beer, kiss your wife, watch a movie, pet the dog...Chill!

You underestimate how much DAMAGE trump can do. 

7 minutes ago, Toronto said:

Good one ?.... This needs reposting, to prevent some folk having a stroke.

And.... If things go pear shaped, there's always the long gun solution

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Omg. I heard he eats also children.

Look, this women march was an one time event. Tomorrow people go to work, watching TV, eating at Mc Donalds. Everything settles down very soon. Trump will do his daily business and everything will be fine. If you so scared avout Trump, move to Mexico. The only people who are doing trouble are the liberal democrats.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

But maybe you overestimate how much damage he might do. Again, let's hold off and see how things develop. If he screws up, I'm quite happy to call him out on it. I hated Hillary, but I'd have given her the benefit of the doubt.

3 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Omg. I heard he eats also children.

Look, this women march was an one time event. Tomorrow people go to work, watching TV, eating at Mc Donalds. Everything settles down very soon. Trump will do his daily business and everything will be fine. If you so scared avout Trump, move to Mexico. The only people who are doing trouble are the liberal democrats.

I don't think he eats children, but if he did and it was a limited number of children, that would be much less damaging than the actual damage he's now set up to do.

Just now, Toronto said:

But maybe you overestimate how much damage he might do. Again, let's hold off and see how things develop. If he screws up, I'm quite happy to call him out on it. I hated Hillary, but I'd have given her the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know how to put this, but I have zero respect for trump and that follows through to anyone that voted for him. So I don't really care about your promises to call him out later. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't know how to put this, but I have zero respect for trump and that follows through to anyone that voted for him. So I don't really care about your promises to call him out later. 

Careful.  His hate is rubbing off on you.  Stay cool.

One of us is very intolerant,  and it isn't me.

Thats fair enough I suppose... I mean... look at his hair do.

but.... more importantly.... do you have any respect for the democratic election process, that enables the US to be the biggest democratic country in the world.

in military parlance... it's something akin to, "respect the rank, not the man"

by dissing the prez, your dissing the entire American system.... lol.... Hoover would have had you on a red list

7 minutes ago, Toronto said:

One of us is very intolerant,  and it isn't me.

Sorry, can't get behind a U.S. president that enjoys the support of Putin, white supremacists, the KKK, the "alt-right", and actual Nazis. I plead full on GUILTY to intolerance against all of that. I know not all trump voters are like that ... but you tolerated supporting a man that gave constant dog whistles to them ... and I can't respect that, one little bit. 

Edited by Jingthing

I have a different type of comment here. Those of you who are Americans, at least be happy that you have proper democracy and human rights over there. As a Turkish person, I know that, such/similar peaceful demos wouldn't even be possible to be held in my country, because of Erdogan,  the barbarian/butcher of Ankara.

As for demos against Trump, let's see if the opposition can keep up the momentum in the coming days/weeks. My guess is no; but we'll see.

Just now, farcanell said:

Thats fair enough I suppose... I mean... look at his hair do.

but.... more importantly.... do you have any respect for the democratic election process, that enables the US to be the biggest democratic country in the world.

in military parlance... it's something akin to, "respect the rank, not the man"

by dissing the prez, your dissing the entire American system.... lol.... Hoover would have had you on a red list

trump is a real threat to U.S. democracy. He's clearly an authoritarian in the mold of Putin and now Russian democracy is dead. 

1 minute ago, JemJem said:

I have a different type of comment here. Those of you who are Americans, at least be happy that you have proper democracy and human rights over there. As a Turkish person, I know that, such/similar peaceful demos wouldn't even be possible to be held in my country, because of Erdogan,  the barbarian/butcher of Ankara.

As for demos against Trump, let's see if the opposition can keep up the momentum in the coming days/weeks. My guess is no; but we'll see.

Yes, I understand. We're trying to save the USA from getting to that level. There is no guarantee we'll succeed. 

6 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Half of Trump supporters wouldn't be expected to 'get it.'  They're intelligence-challenged.  Note:  the 8 states with the most anti-depressant pill-taking were, ....wait for it; .....red states that went for Trump.

Sorry to quote myself, but here's a correction.  The number is 14: The top 14 states with the most anti-depressant pills-per-person all went for Trump. 

source: 

Trump also cornered the women voters who use the most black eye-liner and artificial eyelashes. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

trump is a real threat to U.S. democracy. He's clearly an authoritarian in the mold of Putin and now Russian democracy is dead. 

Could be that for once, an equivalence to hitler is actually warranted?

he was duly elected... then he was given dictatorial powers by his people.... he didn't take them... he was given them (ok... maybe there was some... added...  incentive.... but... )

Perhaps someone with a three word name, is preparing to fix the problem.... but then, all the good old boys that I know, from down south, assured me that Obama wouldn't last a year

3 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Sorry to quote myself, but here's a correction.  The number is 14: The top 14 states with the most anti-depressant pills-per-person all went for Trump. 

That's because they all wanted to feel happy again, without the meds.... 14 states worth of people hoping for a better future after Obama.

that ones definitely not a good argument.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sorry, can't get behind a U.S. president that enjoys the support of Putin, white supremacists, the KKK, the "alt-right", and actual Nazis. I plead full on GUILTY to intolerance against all of that. I know not all trump voters are like that ... but you tolerated supporting a man that gave constant dog whistles to them ... and I can't respect that, one little bit. 

"When they go low, we go high." Michelle Obama. It's okay, I have neither the time nor the inclination to address what you wrote. I asked you for some patience and hoped for some recognition of opposing viewpoints, but you don't appear to be very compromising. Bitterness is such a sorrowful emotion. But I'm only guessing about that.... Cheers.

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

Not only the protests about him worldwide, but he even disputes photographic evidence showing the poor attendance at his inauguration... :cheesy:

The guy lives in a fantasy land of denial... 

Certainly Obama's crowd was bigger, but the images lie about how much.

I placed a red bar in front of the capitol exactly from treeline left to treeline right.

Then I copied the same bar, same size, back close to where the camera is.

So the people density near the capitol is 40 times more dense per cm2 in the picture.

The  covered up white area represents maybe a few thousand, not very much.

From the capitol it would be hard to see. So who was fooled more, you or Trump?

_93733565_view_reu976.jpg.dabcae0bcf64a88e790676e8a07fa120.jpg

•  

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

What complete nonsense. This kind of dishonest political rhetoric helped get the man elected. It is so ridiculous that voters just ignored it and every other point that those spewing it made. EVERY candidate has some wackos supporting them and Trump rejected racist groups repeatedly. Trump is no Nazi or anything close to it.

Edited by Ulysses G.