'How will we survive?': Syrian refugees trapped in poverty in Thailand

webfact

33 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

None of those syrians are war victims.none of them had even a single scratch.why because none of them came from a warzone they came from safe place already like turkey and libanon.real victims are stuck in syria and cant go out.send them all back they simply asylm shoppers looking for the best deal.

You are a bigot. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, hanuman2543 said:

Please get ytnur facts right and stop repeating xenophobic propaganda. The refugees in Germany are not more criminal than Germans and that Anis Amri was captured and handed over to the German police by fellow Tunesian country men you don't seem to know. In 2015 Germany took in more than 800,000 refugees and for sure some of them cheated their way into the EU and Germany, but the vast majority were real refugees in need of our help.

Germany "took" more than 800,000???

If the press Is to believed,  Germany had no choice and they  Invited themselves, just walked over the border..

4 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

There are a fewinthousand Thai's displaced outside Thailand, who cares about them? not Thailand that is for sure.

So if they do not care about their own what chance has the others got.

Take, for example, former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, poor man, stuck In Dubai, no source of Income, and Thailand doesn't care!

Edited by F4UCorsair

Nice to see the UN helping.

3500 baht a month is not much but at least it will help pay maybe 50% of his cigarette consumption. 

He has also withdrawn his children from the free school and saved money on the bus fares. The 70 baht saved will pay for another packet of cigs daily. 

He has approached the news to circulate his plight here in Thailand , asking for help to feed his family and to help him send his children to school until they are resettled in the US. 

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:19 AM, optad said:

You are a bigot. 

There we go - the last resort in name calling by way of the ever popular and vastly over used "bigot" by a certain persuasion in the controversial debate that is anything to do with  the results of extremism.

You know what a bigot is, right? Someone who is intolerant to those who offer different opinions.

Maybe a look in the mirror before anyone posting personal attacks like that above may be in order?

There are two distinct sides to this debate.

No one for sure knows all of the facts about every individual that is marching over several European countries - some willing to engage in violence with law enforcement officers at borders and railway stations  - to get to their preferred  destination (where some continue with their anti-social antics). Surely a true refugee would take the first safe haven?

But there are definitely genuine cases of refugees out there. Undisputed. And in respect of the OP the US has graciously acted.

Unfortunately the fake refugees make it so difficult for the genuine people seeking refuge. That is what polarises opinion - by all means state your point but personal attacks lead to zero credibility.

Edited by 14Stevie

On 24/01/2017 at 2:52 PM, rwdrwdrwd said:

Don't say ignorant things then, and be aware of the past!

Given that your grandparents died, for you to then make the claim you did is even more abhorrent!

What you stated it's the very epitome of ignorance.

I hope you are not daring to compare my German citizen kin with a bunch of Middle Eastern ragheads taking advantage of the false US instigated 'war' in Syria to go leach off of the taxes paid by the CITIZENRY of the West.

Here's some information for you on what's been going on in Syria that your mainstream media. Ignorant dolt.

2 hours ago, dageurreotype said:

I hope you are not daring to compare my German citizen kin with a bunch of Middle Eastern ragheads taking advantage of the false US instigated 'war' in Syria to go leach off of the taxes paid by the CITIZENRY of the West.

Here's some information for you on what's been going on in Syria that your mainstream media. Ignorant dolt.

In terms of 'daring to compare them' - It was yourself that first made the comparison.

You didn't get crowds of Jews flooding the rest of Europe during the Nazi occupation.

In terms of your 'points', though I use the term loosely:

- There are 4.8 million refugees - less than 4% of them are beyond the adjoining countries. They patently aren't all 'taking advantage', and obviously given the huge numbers there will be some that are.

- I do not argue that the US and other western nations bear responsibility for it boiling over in the country, I believe so too, however this isn't the fault of the people affected and if anything adds even more weight to the ethical case for the west accepting them.

- I'm no follower of mainstream media, but also no follower of crappy alt-right low rent wannabe journalists, either. It is horrific that you perpetuate this right wing trash given your ancestry. Ignorant dolt.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

2 hours ago, thai006 said:

go back your country and fight against isis 

You do understand that some of them are attacked both by ISIS and by the Government forces, and support neither, don't you? It's not a binary situation and there's way, way more to it than 'ISIS'.

In fact ISIS simply took advantage of the destabilization there, with that destabilization primarily caused by Western intervention in the region during the arab spring.

Perhaps they don't want to live in a bombed out shell where there is nothing for them any more. I wouldn't.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

On 1/24/2017 at 6:42 AM, Somtamnication said:

New one to me. I know of the Rohynga and other refugees. No idea there were M.E. refugees too. Thailand needs to grow up and help them.

It will probably take a Christian or random group of foreigners to assit these people. The good Buddhists here can't be bothered. 

4 minutes ago, dcnx said:

It will probably take a Christian or random group of foreigners to assit these people. The good Buddhists here can't be bothered. 

What have you done to assist these people? ...or are you another that can't be bothered?

On 1/25/2017 at 2:19 AM, optad said:

You are a bigot. 

Would that not also make you a Bigot then?    a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.  

Perhaps we could have some kind of bigot percentage so everyone is on the same page. I'd suggest:

- Calling a group of people ragheads - Bigot Level 85

- Saying stuff like "None of those syrians are war victims. ... send them all back they simply asylm shoppers looking for the best deal." - Bigot Level 90

- Calling a bigot level 85 a bigot - Bigot level 5

That's what I think, and anyone that says otherwise is a bigot, like me (Level 5).

Alternatively we could stop splitting hairs.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Thailand is a buddhits country....all muslim refugees should be deported back unless they are willing to renounce their religion and accept buddhism. Follow America's Trump wise moves. Until the day that Saudia Arabia allows churches, temples to be built and alllows equal worship rights for all religions, muslims must be denied access into any non-muslim countries.

1 minute ago, Canceraid said:

Thailand is a buddhits country

AS much as I enjoy Buddhits, Thailand is in fact a complex mish mash of ethnicity, tribes, cultures, religions etc...not all Thais are Buddhist, Islam is the 2nd biggest religion amongst Thais.

Most Thais that self-identify as Buddist maintain other, even conflicting, non-Buddist beliefs.

The reality is nowhere near as black and white as you suggest in your post.

On 1/24/2017 at 6:21 AM, Scott said:

It remains to be seen how the new US administration will deal with people such as this that have already been accepted for resettlement.  

The  President of  the  USA , will deal  with this situation .