Ministry closes controversial television show

geovalin

Information Minister Khieu Kanharith yesterday ordered the shutting down of the “ABC Three Spring” program, a show collaboratively produced by TV3 and ABC radio, after online criticism of one of its presenters. According to a letter signed by Mr. Kanharith yesterday, the decision was based on the public’s criticism of one of its presenters, who detractors claimed was unethical and lacked decorum during one of its latest shows.

The show drew the ire of the public when its presenter CK jumped on the table during a show and snatched the microphone from one of its guests during an episode that aired last week. The next day, the station aired another program discussing the criticism and explained that the “ABC Three Spring” program was meant to be satirical and not a news broadcast. The show’s presenter stood by her on-air conduct, insisting she did nothing wrong, but still offered the public an apology.

“I am angry at those who try to ruin my reputation but I would like to apologize to the audience,” the host, known as Ms. CK, said. “I had no intention to shout and tease the audience. I wonder why my jumping on the table was taken so seriously. I’m not a news presenter, I’m just an actress.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/34703/ministry-closes-controversial-television-show/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 25/01