President Trump signs order to build Mexico border wall

webfact

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can't see Australia doing anything to annoy the Chinese. IMO too dependent on them taking Australian dirt to stand up to them now.

Can't see Australia backing out of the US alliance either, as IMO Australia doesn't have the ability to defend itself and relies on the Americans.

Not being scornful about that though, as Australia could never afford a big enough military to defend itself against China.

Lol.... I think you think your serious.

the US NEEDS strong allies for its lengthy build up of an armed response locally, as they can't mobilize a worthwhile response from their own turf... hell, blackjacks army couldn't even catch pancho villa.

your blinded by the concept of might is right.... yet small numbers of well trained, well disciplined, well commanded soldiers regularly overcome overwhelming odds.

the US ( admittedly Australia's largest investor... when despite our small population, we are only the US's fifth largest investor... surprisingly high, that, hey?) needs Australia as much as Australia needs the US.

oh... and only an insignificant 14% of Australians see china as a military threat... but... we won't abandon an ally, so don't be scared.... and once (other) allied forces have neutralized the enemy, we'll still let you come on in and do the mopping up... and ... won't give a tinkers toss about how you choose to portray your heroic participation

5 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Many unemployed US citizens would willing take these jobs. Many US employers prefer to hire illegal immigrants because they are cheap and cannot complain about labor violations. 

Deport the the illegals and stop letting 1,000,000 unskilled legal immigrants in each year and wages will rise to level competitive with government welfare  benefits. 

Basic economics

You have it backwards.

The reason most people leave their families, friends and country to work elsewhere is because there is work for them there. The reason there is work for them is because locals either can't or won't do the work.

For example, in the years after Bush's Great Recession, there was a net migration TO Mexico, AWAY from the US. The reason? The recession meant there were fewer jobs.

ACTUAL basic economics.

21 hours ago, farcanell said:

Mmm... not only smarter than me, but now your also turning your back on your own kind... well done.... my puny intellect will never allow me to disavow my country.

As long as the United States  keeps meddling in the affairs of other countries and invading other nations, we  will continue to have problems. The nation was founded by people who believed in staying OUT of foreign  entanglements. That attitude lasted only a brief period before we were meddling in everyone's business, I will defend the interests of my country when it is right. When it pokes its nose into the business of other countries and is openly hostile, I have no intention of defending such an attitude.

59 minutes ago, Chip Allen said:

As long as the United States  keeps meddling in the affairs of other countries and invading other nations, we  will continue to have problems. The nation was founded by people who believed in staying OUT of foreign  entanglements. That attitude lasted only a brief period before we were meddling in everyone's business, I will defend the interests of my country when it is right. When it pokes its nose into the business of other countries and is openly hostile, I have no intention of defending such an attitude.

Fair enough Chip... bloody democratically elected governments making decisions for you, how rude, hey?

7 hours ago, farcanell said:

Fair enough Chip... bloody democratically elected governments making decisions for you, how rude, hey?

trump has no business demanding another nation pay for a building project on American soil. 

It won't happen. Maybe, just maybe the "wall" gets built but Americans are going to pay for it and if Americans really want the wall and to pay for it, OK then. But they voted (sort of as trump lost the popular vote) for the big lie SCAM that Mexico was going to pay for it and that will NEVER happen. So considering all this, it's fair to conclude the American people have never voted that they want to build the wall if they have to pay the 20 billion for it. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

trump has no business demanding another nation pay for a building project on American soil. 

Demand maybe not, but Thailand alone is littered with infrastructure paid for by other nations, and even carrying signs to that effect eg. "XYZ Friendship Bridge". Isn't there a flyover at the Sathorn/Rama 4 intersection that's labelled like that?

Just now, SaintLouisBlues said:

Demand maybe not, but Thailand alone is littered with infrastructure paid for by other nations, and even carrying signs to that effect eg. "XYZ Friendship Bridge". Isn't there a flyover at the Sathorn/Rama 4 intersection that's labelled like that?

Irrelevant. trump has demanded and Mexico said in no uncertain terms -- NO! 

Just now, Jingthing said:

Your point was irrelevant to this topic. End of. 

I didn't realise that relevance was a prerequisite for responding to threads. Can you point me to the Forum guidelines on this one? Me, I've got my popcorn and soda by my side and I'm enjoying the comedy (or is it farce?) already

1 minute ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

I didn't realise that relevance was a prerequisite for responding to threads. Can you point me to the Forum guidelines on this one? Me, I've got my popcorn and soda by my side and I'm enjoying the comedy (or is it farce?) already

Waste of time. Move on. 

6 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

You mean America is in such bad shape that it should start asking for foreign aid?

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Irrelevant. trump has demanded and Mexico said in no uncertain terms -- NO! 

I would really like to see a gallop poll done, with the question being something along the lines of;

did you really believe mexico would pay for the wall?

12 minutes ago, farcanell said:

I would really like to see a gallop poll done, with the question being something along the lines of;

did you really believe mexico would pay for the wall?

Fine but the other question is did you really believe a "wall" was going to get built at all?

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Fine but the other question is did you really believe a "wall" was going to get built at all?

Always the problem with referendums and polls.... one must define the question correctly.

maybe they would need to ask five wall related questions to get an accurate idea of the voters mindset

Building a Wall is a totally Stupid idea.

Foolish beyond belief. Expensive. Alienating.

What's needed are a series of moats and mine fields. With the occasional machine gun turetts.  

A huge increase in border security. With instant deportment for anyone that makes it through.

It's not just Mexicans after the the American dream. It's the whole of South America. 

Build a wall on the Mexico Guatemalan border. Mexico will pay.

Illegal migration is not immigration.  Bypassing the system leeches our ability to help our own.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Build a wall on the Mexico Guatemalan border. Mexico will pay.

Illegal migration is not immigration.  Bypassing the system leeches our ability to help our own.

Actually, Mexico has already hinted at not enforcing immigration laws on its southern border if Trump nullifies Nafta. It will just let those those Central Americans through and wish them bon voyage on their way to the USA. And their numbers are rapidly rising.