Two charged with robbery killing

geovalin

Two men were arrested early yesterday after gunmen shot and killed a nightclub patron who tried to flee a robbery.   Two women were also injured in the incident in Chamkarmon district, Phnom Penh. Um Sousdey, who is also known as Kbal Thom [big head], 35, and Chan Sovann, 25, were arrested yesterday by Ministry of Interior police in collaboration with the municipal major crimes police unit in Phnom Penh.

Interior Ministry police officer Pheng Vannak said that after their arrests, police seized an M16 rifle, two pistols, bullets, two motorbikes and other items.  Police were still seeking the third offender.

Chamkarmon district police officer Ly Seng said police identified the suspects from images captured by CCTV cameras at shops and houses near where the shooting happened. In a police video clip, obtained by Khmer Times, Mr. Sousdey confessed: “I was the person who shot the victim who died in the car that night. I shot him five times.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/34815/two-charged-with-robbery-killing/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 27/01

wow....i thought here was bad enough with the lenient penalties for murder....or how they justify non/culpable  homicide..

these guys are not charged with second or first degree murder.....

quote " The arrested pair were charged with use of a weapon without permission, which carries a six month to three year jail term, and with theft with aggravating circumstances, in which the penalty is up to 10 years".

from the original reporting source