WP Medical?

Sorry, as I'm sure this has been asked before, however time is short today!

I worked for a Chonburi based company for 11 years and after the initial work permit application, I never had to do a medical for any of the subsequent renewals of the permit.

The new (Bangkok based) company are renewing my current work permit in March 17 and are saying that I must do a medical prior to the renewal, is this normal, or has something changed so that now it is required at every renewal?

6 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Thanks for replies, it isn't a hassle to get one really, just never had to, suppose easiest way is just do one and if it isn't needed then no worries.

It is number 5 on the list of required documents for the application. See: http://doe.go.th/prd/assets/upload/files/bkk_en/f0aec7fd67744653e45ba0c7dcbb491b.pdf

The last 2 times I have had to renew my  WP I have  had to have a medical ,the sting in the tail  is the blood test especially   for syphilis  so I went to my local hospital ,total cost  300 baht .

The joke is  our local hospitals equipment comes from abroad and the printouts are in English ,with medical terms ,woman at WP office looked at the blood test results ,could not understand them ,quickly  put them to one side ,on to the next bit of paper in the pile .