St.Marys vs. Bangkok hospitals in Korat

Blue bruce

No direct experience yet, but nearly everyone I know in Korat (farangs) use St. Mary's because it's less expensive than BKK Hospital.  One of my mates who always uses St. Mary's wound up getting surgery (stone removals) at the Thai Army Hospital, which you can attend on pay for play basis, and said it was very good for same or less than St. Mary's. 

The Suranaree Military hospital is better than Bangkok Hospital & St Mary's in my opinion. If Suranaree Hospital can't help you then try the Suranaree Uni hospital or they will forward you there if there expertise isn't sufficient. At both you pay government pricing.

I wouldn't go near the military hospital. I had a friend who fell on the way to the bathroom at home. Jammed his head on the door on the way down and compressed his spine. Had 2 operations at the military hospital and died there after the second operation.

22 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

I wouldn't go near the military hospital.

Each to their own. I use it and have had two operations there. The general wards are spot on.I'm currently under a doctor there and I've no worries as to the skills of the doctors. From there I was forwarded to Suranaree University of Technology and my ailment was confirmed. SUT  is on par with SMH but with more modern facilities. I suggest that if you live near, or in, Korat you pay a visit to both. I'm sure you'll surprised that they're government hospitals. .

Edited by sinbin

On 2/1/2017 at 3:49 PM, Blue bruce said:

Thank you for your help. My only concern with the military hospital is the language.  I' m sure the military hospital Dr's.  Don't speak english. I have the same problem with the private hospital in Buriram 

I don't speak Thai and never have I had a problem. The doctors will speak English. I've never spoken with a doctor that couldn't. I guarantee you'll have no problems getting by at Suranaree Military hospital.

I wanted to thank all the Thai visa members who recommended Suranaree  military hospital. I went there yesterday Friday 2/03 . I found the service to be excellent. I was treated very well, did not have to wait all day as in the public hospital in Buriram. The staff always had someone to speak English. The DRs. I saw all spoke English. I have another appt. for next week. Totally happy with the service and very inexpensive. Thank you members

8 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

Thank you so much Sinbid  I have another appt.next week I will kerp you up to date. 50 baht to see a urologist. 

Unbelievable but great for us who can't afford Bangkok hospital 

The silly thing about this is that at Suranaree you paid 50 Baht to see a Urologist. And if you'd saw the same doctor, they freelance, at Bangkok or St Mary's hospital you'd be paying multiple that to see the same doctor. The same applies for the medicines and the procedures. IE x-rays etc.

Edited by sinbin