Travel curbs show U.S. hatred of Muslims, say Islamist sympathisers - SITE

webfact

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you know of Muslim communities that integrate and assimilate, fully respecting the cultures and laws of the host communities?

Or to ask the question in a slightly different context, do you know of any farang communities that integrate and assimilate, fully respecting the cultures and laws of the host community in Thailand? Or do you know of any first generation Thai or Chinese or Vietnamese  communities that integrate and assimilate, fully respecting the cultures and laws of the host communities?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you know of Muslim communities that integrate and assimilate, fully respecting the cultures and laws of the host communities?

They would not be true believers if they did, Muslims are as much victims of Islam as anyone.:sad:

4 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Or to ask the question in a slightly different context, do you know of any farang communities that integrate and assimilate, fully respecting the cultures and laws of the host community in Thailand? Or do you know of any first generation Thai or Chinese or Vietnamese  communities that integrate and assimilate, fully respecting the cultures and laws of the host communities?

Well none of those want to change the host communities to suit themselves, none of them want to impose their own laws, none insist on separatist dress, none hate gays and Jews and none of those think their beliefs are right and that all others are pigs and monkey's,  Islam is not just another religion or another minority.. 

Edited by thai3

3 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Well none of those want to change the host communities to suit themselves, none of them want to impose their own laws, none insist on separatist dress, none hate gays and Jews and none of those think their beliefs are right and that all others are pigs and monkey's,  Islam is not just another religion or another minority.. 

Like the Hasidic Jews in New York you mean?

14 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

We're living near many.  There are many Muslim communities scattered across Thailand.  A few are just down the road from me.  Love the food!

53 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I never said Europe doesn't have a big problem today.  They do!  But the US isn't like Europe.  And this topic is about the US and Trumps (failed) travel ban for a select number of countries.

So you agree that letting the same people Europe let in is a problem.

Thank you

30 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

So you agree that letting the same people Europe let in is a problem.

Thank you

Never happen.  They came in illegally.  Trump is blocking individuals with proper papers who've had background checks.  You do understand the difference, right?

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

We're from the same city - from growing up there I know plenty of muslims within it that are very well integrated and respectful of the law (in a number of cases they work in the field funnily enough).

Of course there are exceptions, but then there are plenty of locals (and indeed non muslim foreigners) that I wouldn't describe as especially integrated or assimilated, or respectful of the law.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

5 minutes ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

We're from the same city - I know plenty of muslims within it that are very well integrated and respectful of the law (in a number of cases they work in the field funnily enough). Of course there are exceptions, but then there are plenty of locals that I wouldn't describe as integrated or assimilated, or respectful of the local culture and law.

That city has a very high Hindu and Sikh population who are very well integrated, as well as other immigrant communities from Europe. The Muslim community, I remember taking over Highfields and putting out their own "patrols" to drive prostitution away - something the police hadn't managed to achieve.

However, and I have many Muslim friends from that city, most if not all would see their allegiance to Islam greater than their allegiance to the UK, its law or its citizenship. And that city has gone out of its way to accommodate their cultural and religious sensitivities.

Edited by Baerboxer

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

We're living near many.  There are many Muslim communities scattered across Thailand.  A few are just down the road from me.  Love the food!

Good point. I have many Thai friends that are Muslim. Ranging from a retired senior Army colonel, college friends from my wife's uni days, drivers we've used and food purveyors.

Many Muslims have been very kind to my disabled son, quite thoughtful.

But notice they are Thais that follow Islam. Not seen any Thai Islamic illegal economic migrants either.

Muslim countries aren't all the same, just as Christian ones aren't. But the countries from which the current crop of illegal migrants and refugees mainly come from aren't noted for their assimilation. Which is why some Muslim countries also don't want them.

I will have more respect for the Muslim community , the day that the integrate into other societys and when there is a Muslim terrorist attack they march down the street waving banners proclaiming "not in my name " and stating solidarity with their Christian and Jewish brothers . Untill this happens around the world , as other nations do ,then sorry i will never trust them ,and thats after 30 years of dealing with them .

If you want to judge immigration based on religion anno 2017, we came all to Budhist Thailand for the same reasons as Muslims immigrated to more Christian countries...

Do I need to run here and there with a banner with #notinmyname for every Farang crime between Phuket and let's say Pattaya...?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Never happen.  They came in illegally.  Trump is blocking individuals with proper papers who've had background checks.  You do understand the difference, right?

Yes there is no difference legal or not their beliefs are the same.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Muslim countries aren't all the same, just as Christian ones aren't. But the countries from which the current crop of illegal migrants and refugees mainly come from aren't noted for their assimilation. Which is why some Muslim countries also don't want them.

Right on with that.  Muslim countries aren't all the same.  Just like Christian countries.  I've been to many Muslim countries.  Some are super easy regarding travel, others just ridiculous.  The latter are ruled primarily by religious leaders.  Maniacal ones. LOL

6 hours ago, thai3 said:

How to eliminate Islam then?

The time is lost. No one ever learns from history.   Had the crusades of the 12th and 13th centuries been better supported ,  and more importantly financed by the pre-eminent nations of the time,  then this whole issue of Islam would have been dead and buried.  However that did not happen so the world today "reap what it sows" and has to live with it.

Is Trump's policies going to work ?  of course not and he is only embarking on his own crusade based on populism of the extremist Americans, solely I suspect with the aim of increasing his personnel business growth ultimately.

What goes round comes round. What is the difference between an extremist Muslim and an extremist American ?  Absolutely nothing except currently one idiot has the power to reek Armageddon on the world at the touch of a button and the other has not ( excluding the Pakistanis of course who have remained strangely quiet) 

Edited by whatawonderfulday

@kowpot: You are grouping all muslims into something that a handful of extremists did. Most terrorist attacks by muslims are against other muslims. They are not the same thing.

There have been over 40 bombings of abortion clinics, along with individual murders, death threats, anthrax threats, acid attacks, and kidnappings against abortion clinincs over the past 40 years. Do you judge all Christians by this? Once again it should be mentioned that there have been zero terrorist deaths from immigrants of any of the 7 banned countries in the same time span. 

On 31/01/2017 at 5:35 AM, lovelomsak said:

Trump did what a good leader does he put safety of citizen,s in his homeland first and foremost. Every American should applaud him rather than persecute him.Prevention is the only way. What can countries like Germany,,France,,Italy  do now too late their citizens in their own countries now are second class citizen,s living in fear with little government support

If there was ever, God forbid, a war again, it makes you wonder if there would ever be the national unity again to fight it, as there was during the Second World War.
Now there is a 5th element in some societies who appear to have little if any loyalty to the country they reside in.

Why Trump’s policies will increase terrorism—and why Trump might benefit as a result

" The more the United States is viewed as hostile to these countries’ and groups’ local populations, the harder it is for these governments to openly cooperate with America even if it is in their own interest. Once an attack happens, Trump will probably tweet that he called for vigilance and tough measures only to be opposed by bleeding heart liberals, the failing New York Times, and Muslim-lovers naïve to the true danger. The fact that his policies made the attacks more likely will be lost in the uproar. "

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/markaz/2017/01/30/why-trumps-policies-will-increase-terrorism-and-why-trump-might-benefit-as-a-result/

Edited by Opl

A top White House adviser cited a nonexistent terror attack in MSNBC interview

One of President Donald Trump's top White House advisers referred to a terror attack that never happened in an MSNBC interview that aired on Thursday night.

Kellyanne Conway suggested that the so-called "Bowling Green Massacre" in Bowling Green, Kentucky, was one of the catalysts for Trump's executive order banning nationals from seven Muslim-majority states like Iraq.

There was no such attack in the US.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bowling-green-massacre-fake-kellyanne-conway-immigration-donald-trump-2017-2

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:00 AM, thai3 said:

They would not be true believers if they did, Muslims are as much victims of Islam as anyone.:sad:

" Yet, Islam still has high expectations and aspirations fueled by past accomplishments. Millions of Muslims share these mixed feelings of pride and shame. Geographic proximity to Europe, a sense of historical rivalry and constant comparisons in terms of achievements contribute to a sense of relative deprivation. In a sense, Islam as a civilization is a frustrated achiever."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amer-tapaenar-/isis-relative-deprivation_b_6912460.html

5 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

Americans support trumps ban as they want action 

Not exactly.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/06/technology/trump-immigration-corporate-america/index.html

Trump's formidable foe on immigration: Corporate America

Dozens of companies worked together to file court papers. Others used Super Bowl ads to promote messages of inclusion and tolerance to 111 million viewers. Starbucks promised to hire 10,000 refugees.

Opposition to President Trump's immigration order isn't just coming from Democrats or judges. It's coming from corporate America.