Thailand and China: Brothers in arms

webfact

2 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

And according to Army General and Prime Minister Prayut "THAI" language will soon replace English as #1 Language around the world.......

Another 'Face' enhancer for the Thai's....... Did you read that article recently??????

His rational was that since their language has 44 characters (plus how many vowels) (and he himself knows the language well) and some words can be used for several different meanings, The Thai language would fit the needs of the world better (at least in his opinion)...............

Do I detect a bit of an inferiority complex when some body is trying to make themselves (and country) 'look better' than THEY think it already may look???????

God Bless Thailand........ It is a SHIP in troubled waters and the man at the helm is more than 'questionable'.

A country that has an aircraft carrier (without airplanes) and thinks that they will cause other nations to be 'awe-struck' when they own submarines (likely without torpedos) LOL.........

My post is only offered as 'food for thought' and is only my own opinion that I am sharing........

'sawadeeken': How dare you!? Call the uncle-general-PM 'questionable'!? You chose a wrong '-able' adjective, I certify! How could millions of Thais, and many Farangs (me one of them) have put their hope in him...? That's the question!

Edited by bangrak

7 minutes ago, thai3 said:

What happened to the aircraft carrier they bought?

'thai3': They're looking for a new name for it, as it has no more planes left to carry, LOL

Though when talking about 'awe', it would sure have created some towards the old pile of rust (the aircraft carrier, not him) when the RTN and RTAF would have potted up a part of their treasure chest to buy a dozen of the still actual, not expensive, Russian copies...

Oh My Oh My I can comment again almost as thrilled as pm is with his subs

The design is out of date now in 6 years well they can go join the aircraft carrier, Buses and fire engines

Awe

Talking to the Police and Home office UK yesterday and they are in AWE of Thailand but only of the sheer corruption and lies going on (Very True Story)

I give up with the place, Cambodia much nicer and they speak good English to and give respect to everyone.

Thanks Met or do I get banned again? if I do I will just get one of my 130 designers and developers to create another place to comment

7 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Talking to the Police and Home office UK yesterday and they are in AWE of Thailand but only of the sheer corruption and lies going on (Very True Story)

I got very similar comments from my countries senior embassy staff not too long ago

As I've pointed out in another thread, the truly amazing fact is that this purchase takes place precisely when Thailand is about to participate to US-sponsored military exercices of large scale (Cobra Gold).

How ironic.

21 hours ago, trigpoint said:

And Pakistan still recieves 490 million£ per year in aid from the UK <deleted>

Sent from my B3-A30 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

One Chinese sub, big deal. The Junta is making a big mistake getting too close to China. Also, it's time the UK stopped aid to countries like Pakistan. Pakistan is a hotspot for recruiting and training terrorists. 

Well, never mind...let them do as they please while they are doing it in part to receive their acknowledged  percent, as we all know that is part of the deal or it does not get approved...things being the way they are in Thailand..... while the American submarines will effortlessly blow their inferior Chinese made submarine out of the water and render it useless in quick order....

And that folks is what would happen.

Cheers

On 03/02/2017 at 3:30 PM, Ratcher said:

One Chinese sub, big deal. The Junta is making a big mistake getting too close to China. Also, it's time the UK stopped aid to countries like Pakistan. Pakistan is a hotspot for recruiting and training terrorists. 

Agreed, Thailand has a long history of balancing-off neighbouring power-blocks in order to remain independent, but they're currently risking leaning too far in one direction IMO.

One hopes that their balancing-act can continue, and Thais remain free, but  ...