Settlement Visa Uk

Is it really that important to provide an original of the full land certificate to the british embassy to get a settlement visa? Is a certified copy enough? thats all i can get anyways... :o

thanks

The above response is from an expert, I'm not, but as far as I was aware you need to prove you have somewhere to stay when you arrive in UK, it can be rented, owned, living with parents etc. I understood that that letters from the owner, proof of their residence in the form of bills to the address etc, a statement that there is sufficient room etc, a photograph of the house would suffice. Yes they should be originals but if you submit a full land certificate I would think a certfied copy is OK. Plenty of applicants do not submit any land certificate and are successful. Good luck anyway

As with all important documents, if you can't submit the original then you should submit a certified copy.

However, the land certificate is not necessary to prove ownership for visa purposes, a copy of your most recent mortgage statement will suffice.

See spouse visa checklist item 8.

DSPs, Chapter 9 – The maintenance and accommodation requirements says

9.9 - Determining whether the couple legally own or exclusively occupy the accommodation.

You should consider the basis of the availability and security of tenure of the accommodation. Factors to be taken into account will include:

the ownership of the property and/or the duration of a lease......

So if you own you do need to show that you do.

Having said that, when my wife applied we were initially going to be living with my parents. All we provided was a letter from my father saying he owned the property and that there was room for us. But that was over 6 years ago, so I wouldn't like to say such a letter would definitely suffice now.

Just wondering if the OP is talking about reverse situation...

ie.. maybe request is for his wifes (assume) land documents to prove her assets in LOS.for Visa application assurance purposes.

I always suggest that when dealing with Guv.Officis ..etc..take everything that can give you extra cred..but dont overdo it....Land/house/car registration docs..bank statements (borrow the £$ from mates and pay it back later.. :D ) University/college qualifications /CVs the lot....even if on the "dole".at the time..and dont turn looking like a............WOT?...so... :o

ie.. maybe request is for his wifes (assume) land documents to prove her assets in LOS.for Visa application assurance purposes.

Possibly, in which case a certified copy plus an English translation will be fine. Although as this is a settlement application it wouldn't be needed as there would not be a 'reason to return' issue.
..bank statements (borrow the £$ from mates and pay it back later.. )
No, definitely not!

Large, unexplained deposits will only arouse the ECO's suspicion.

Edited by GU22

If it's registered land (and virtually all land in the UK is now), all you'll need is a Land Registry copy entry of the Proprietorship Register. This is a print-out of the official computer register of the Land Registry showing the name of the registered owner (the proprietor). The one printed out and sent to you by the Land Registry for a few pounds is an original copy entry, valid from the date shown on it.

Don't bother to get it certified by a solicitor or government official, you'll just waste another few pounds.

Edited by paully

Possibly, in which case a certified copy plus an English translation will be fine. Although as this is a settlement application it wouldn't be needed as there would not be a 'reason to return' issue.
..bank statements (borrow the £$ from mates and pay it back later.. )
No, definitely not!

Large, unexplained deposits will only arouse the ECO's suspicion.

Agree and dont make them too large...talking say over a 12 month period.

I knew a half a dozen Thai girls who did this about 5 years ago (with a little bit of help) and they all used to travel back and forward to the smoke on the one passport....amazing what a couple of wigs and a bit of makup could do and to use the old hackneyed expression...well they all look the same anyway.... :o

......and they are ALL still here :lol...nice lassies.....

saw one the other day in her almost new Merc.......must have a second job somewhere....

A copy is enough. However most Deeds are left with the solicitors or Banks in the uk so a letter of comfirmation from your solicitor will do. Add a copy of council tax, gas, electric bills that shows your address and that you actually live there.

You will need bank statements to show you can support her.

Also, if you get paid from your work through your bank is better as it will show up on the statements and that you can maintain her without recourse to public funds or without being a burden to the state.