Need Help With Saving Adobe File...

glassdude007

hi all...

i just spent a hour filling out a job application (adobe file format) and at the end saved it too

"my documents" and when i went too retrieve the item too send it it comes up the blank form just like i never typed anything in....

since then i've been sitting here trying too figure it out with test saved documents and even try and email the aplication to myself...with no luck..still blank document ?????<deleted>

thanks for your expert wisdom in this matter...best regards from glassdude007

Do you have the FULL version of Acrobat or just Acrobat Reader?

G

hi all...

i just spent a hour filling out a job application (adobe file format) and at the end saved it too

"my documents" and when i went too retrieve the item too send it it comes up the blank form just like i never typed anything in....

since then i've been sitting here trying too figure it out with test saved documents and even try and email the aplication to myself...with no luck..still blank document ?????<deleted>

thanks for your expert wisdom in this matter...best regards from glassdude007

You cannot save fillable forms in reader, only Acrobat full version.

It is possible actually, if the PDF was created with "reader enabled rights" using LiveCycle- but you won't find many of those around as it's hideously expensive . FAQ here

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrfaq.html

I went through a lot of pain trying to set up digital signatures for our invoicing and quotation system with Reader & gave up on it. Adobe is greedy and evil.

If you are using "reader" is should give you a warning when you try to save a file that changes you have made will not be included. It is designed to fill out a form and then print it.

As mentioned you may have had a trial version that has expired? That might not include the normal warning.

A very much faster PDF reader is "foxit". But to save modified forms would require a paid version.

You can't modify a PDF with Reader. Typically you'd fill out the form and print it.

Since Acrobat Reader 7 you can fill forms and add coments, and save the file with reader, if the original document has been generated properly (ie specifically allowing users with reader to do this).

Edited by yeti