NON O visa questions.

hi I'm looking to visit my newborn in Thailand within the next month or so.

I'm slightly confused on the current requirements in order to obtain a non o multiple entry visa in order to visit my wife and child.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdf/v3-extra-evidence-for-ni-visas-2016.pdf

to visit my wife it says I require copies of my bank statement for 3 months but to visit my child it doesn't ask for this? is this a mistake on the website?

3) Visiting Thai child living in Thailand. Evidence required

e) Copy of Birth Certificate of child showing relationship.

f) Proof of having Legal Custody of the child aged up to 18 years. 

Only a single entry visa may be granted in these circumstances. Applicant will need to arrange Extension of Stay as necessary in Thailand.

also how do I provide proof of having legal custody of my child up until 18? what document is required for this?

so if I understand this correctly they want to see bank statements to get a non o visa in order to visit my wife but not my child? kind of stupid....

any help appreciated. thanks guys.

You are better off applying for a Multiple Entry Non 'O' from the London Embassy. They will issue the visa with just copies of your marriage certificate and your wife's ID and house registration book. No financials require and you can also apply by post. The visa will allow unlimited entries for 1 year of 90 days at a time.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:06 AM, elviajero said:

You are better off applying for a Multiple Entry Non 'O' from the London Embassy. They will issue the visa with just copies of your marriage certificate and your wife's ID and house registration book. No financials require and you can also apply by post. The visa will allow unlimited entries for 1 year of 90 days at a time.

are you 100% sure of this mate? it says 3 months bank statements on the website so why will they not require it?

1 hour ago, Jay2013 said:

are you 100% sure of this mate? it says 3 months bank statements on the website so why will they not require it?

100% sure. The website has been wrong for years. They will issue a non 'O' based on marriage without any financials.

4 hours ago, Jay2013 said:

can anyone else confirm the above?

I have friends, married to Thais but still working in the UK, who frequently visit throughout the year.

They obtain the Non Imm O ME Visa based on marriage to a Thai with just proof of marriage.

They are not asked for any financial proof

• 6 months later...
6 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

hi can anyone confirm that this is still the case that no financial proof is required if applying by post or in person at the London embassy?

No change has been announced or reported so on that basis no financial proof is required.

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

No change has been announced or reported so on that basis no financial proof is required.

great thanks mate.

so based on me being married and having 2 kids, would I need to send copies of their birth certs? or can I just send copies of our marriage cert, her id and name on housebook?

41 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

great thanks mate.

so based on me being married and having 2 kids, would I need to send copies of their birth certs? or can I just send copies of our marriage cert, her id and name on housebook?

Just the marriage certificate and ID are needed.

47 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

I am, what would thai immigration require for this? just copies of birth certs?

You'll need to take either your wife or a child with you when you apply. Applying based on marriage is the best option IMO, in which case copies of the marriage cert., wife's ID and her house registration book are needed. They might also want a TM.30 completed by your wife.

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

You'll need to take either your wife or a child with you when you apply. Applying based on marriage is the best option IMO, in which case copies of the marriage cert., wife's ID and her house registration book are needed. They might also want a TM.30 completed by your wife.

thanks for clearing that up mate. appreciated

• 3 months later...

Hi just an update for anybody whos intrested.

I went to london to apply for a multiple entry non o visa and it couldnt have been a easier experience.

All they took was 1 copy of the filled out form, colour copy of my wifes passport picture page and marriage cert. 2 of my pics and £125.

Took about 20mins in total. I mentioned on the form about visiting my wife and daughter but they didnt take the copy of my daughters birth cert.

Collection tommorow.

No questions of bank funds or anything.

Some questions.

Do i need proof of 20k funds when arriving in bkk?

Will i be asked for a return ticket? I want to book 1 way as im not sure how much of the 90days i need to stay?

How long do i need to be out of thailand in order to use another entry?

Can i get a 60day extension without proof of funds in thailand? If proof is required, can it be shown in cash and am i right in believing its 20k bhat?

On arrival in thailand they give you a slip to fill out, on this they ask for my address in thailand, i plan to stay in bkk for a few weeks before heading off to my wifes places ( which is the address i put down on the visa form). Can i just use the address of the hotel for this as im assuming im less likely to get questioned doing this?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

Do i need proof of 20k funds when arriving in bkk?

In theory, they could ask for this - but highly unlikely.  I would bring proof you are married, though - wife's docs you used for the visa plus your Thai-child's birth-certificate should take care of any issue.

Will i be asked for a return ticket? I want to book 1 way as im not sure how much of the 90days i need to stay?

This is not required when arriving with a Visa.  Some repeat Tourist Visa users have been given the run-around about this - to spite it not being a requirement - but should not happen in your case with a Non-O Visa.

How long do i need to be put of thailand in order to use another entry?

Only as long as it takes to turn-around and come back.  But avoid the Poipet/Aranya land-crossing, who seem to have some problem with Multi Non-O foreigners.

Can i get a 60day extension without proof of funds in thailand? If proof is required, can it be shown in cash and am i right in believing its 20k bhat?

There is no financial requirement for the 60-day extension.  Depending on where you get it, there may be issues with hard-to-get landlord-docs.  Note you can apply for this a couple weeks before your current stay runs out - you don't lose any days doing this - so that can allow you to accommodate any odd-requirements that come up.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

In theory, they could ask for this - but highly unlikely.  I would bring proof you are married, though - wife's docs you used for the visa plus your Thai-child's birth-certificate should take care of any issue.

This is not required when arriving with a Visa.  Some repeat Tourist Visa users have been given the run-around about this - to spite it not being a requirement - but should not happen in your case with a Non-O Visa.

Only as long as it takes to turn-around and come back.  But avoid the Poipet/Aranya land-crossing, who seem to have some problem with Multi Non-O foreigners.

There is no financial requirement for the 60-day extension.  Depending on where you get it, there may be issues with hard-to-get landlord-docs.  Note you can apply for this a couple weeks before your current stay runs out - you don't lose any days doing this - so that can allow you to accommodate any odd-requirements that come up.

thanks for your speedy answers to my questions mate.

What sort of problems do you know of at the poipet border? My wifes place is only 20 minutes from it and I used it back it late 2015 to activate my 2nd entry to a tourist visa and didn't have any issues tbh. Can you please elaborate for me? 

If I do decide to book a 1 way ticket and end up getting questioned at bkk as to why I have not booked a return ticket, what would you advise me to say? 

Thankyou

13 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

thanks for your speedy answers to my questions mate.

What sort of problems do you know of at the poipet border? My wifes place is only 20 minutes from it and I used it back it late 2015 to activate my 2nd entry to a tourist visa and didn't have any issues tbh. Can you please elaborate for me? 

If I do decide to book a 1 way ticket and end up getting questioned at bkk as to why I have not booked a return ticket, what would you advise me to say? 

Thankyou

For casual tourists just making a couple of short visits to Thailand, Poipet is OK. For foreigners spending significant time in the country, they like to invent rules that do not exist elsewhere. In your case, the most likely one they will use is that a multiple entry Non O is not supposed to be used for long term stay using border hops, and you must exit by air. You are unlikely to encounter anything like this at most other border crossings.

57 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

On arrival in thailand they give you a slip to fill out, on this they ask for my address in thailand, i plan to stay in bkk for a few weeks before heading off to my wifes places ( which is the address i put down on the visa form). Can i just use the address of the hotel for this as im assuming im less likely to get questioned doing this?

It probably doesn't matter which you use, but it should be the first address you're going to be staying at in Bangkok.

17 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

What sort of problems do you know of at the poipet border?

They don't seem to like people doing border hops, with a multiple entry visa, to extend their stay. If you're only 20 mins away, it might be worth trying, but make sure they agree to let you back in before exiting.

21 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

They aren't going to ask. If they do just say your visiting you wife and are unsure of when you're leaving. There is no requirement for you to have a return ticket, and they can't deny you entry for not having one.

51 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

Most common reported statement from the IOs there, "You must fly back in."  Also told to those exiting for the purpose of returning Visa Exempt or with a Tourist Visa.  This advice can be ignored - it is simply not true - but, you will need to use another crossing, such as Ban Laem or Ban Packard, further South. 

51 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

That question should not arise.  If it does, you can honestly say you plan to book it later depending on future, or plan to take the train to Singapore, etc.