Dog On The Menu In Cm?

Donnyboy

can anyone confirm this?

mans best friend for dinner

Yeah, so what? Dog meat is bought in many parts of Thailand. In Chiang Mai, it can be bought south of town in San Pa Tong, and at the Ton Payom Market and other places.

just seems like a great dish, may have to have chow with my chow then!

great way to get rid of the pack of wondering soi dogs every where if thats where they get their dog from.

Had a nice lunch over in Calais on Friday (france for anyone who...???...)when we were served up some very attractive snails in garlic butter as entrees ,followed by a selection of frogs legs (very crunchy ) with a main course of pan fried "cheviline"...horse steak......avec frites...thought about Shergar but only for a sec.... :o ....

In V-N and Philippines dog meat is quite a popular and the everyday choice for the discerning diner and surely its up to them.....

Only thing that I found quite annoying is the pre slaughter preparation method whereby they would hang the poor mutt on piano wire and while it was screaming to buggery would then start whacking it with clubs and sticks until in their words ..."meat nice a tender...velly good.....velly taste nice...u likee"

a Final tug and it was.... bye bye doggie ..hello chop chop (food)...som na naa....

can anyone confirm this?

mans best friend for dinner

Yeah, so what? Dog meat is bought in many parts of Thailand. In Chiang Mai, it can be bought south of town in San Pa Tong, and at the Ton Payom Market and other places.

maybe I havent been here long enough to not be disturbed by this. Have even gotten over the girlfriend eating fried bugs like chips!

I have even been in abbortoirs back in NZ but the fact that they may still slaughter dogs here for food makes me cringe. I understand this is what happens in this part of the world so will try to get over it, but I cant say I will.

Seen some awful photos, dont make me post them!

"Thแป‹t chรณ" means eating a (hot) dog - literally

This is a bit of a report from the Rana Han that I mentioned earlier in Bac ha.......picture is just like....wotever.. aroi...yeah...???

Western culture considers that eating a dog is cruel, barbaric and discusting (not illegal, though), but ironically we have no problem eating all other sorts of animals, as long as they are not called pets.

But for the vast majority of people on earth, cultural values are very different. Dog meat is considered a delicacy in some asian cultures, and indeed cooked dog meat is very tasty and protein rich. You should try it some day! (if you are not vegetarian)...only kidding... :o

"Food dogs" are not pets and they have no names. They are bred and raised in farms, just like pigs, beefs, lambs and other farm animals.

They are put down "humanely" just like any other animal, usually by slitting the throat and beeding the animal until it passes out.

This pic is from a series of photos that shows the process involved in preparing a dog for dinner, from slautering to cutting-up, eviscerating, de-boning, cooking and of course eating! :D