Honda X ADV 750

pbas400

11 hours ago, canthai55 said:

What has that to do with originality, that is "development".

In any case they took that away from an industry who were asleep. Now we have switched to F1, Indycarts, WRC, Land-speed records, etc, we can't be good at everything

You need to get your facts right, the Vincent Black Shadow was the fastest production bike until 1973, a bike first produced in a shed before WW2.

But as I said, I was referring to originality...and they are still copying British and American bikes....and they should stick to that if this is the result.

I have heard you say this before. Given links to show you their vast originality and cutting edge development. But you are mired in the 'Good Old Days' mentality of pre War and post War England.

Disregarding the facts in evidence.

Up 2 U. Believe what you want.

39 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

So, there are two Wikipedia sources which contradict each other, but it doesn't really matter, the fastest production bike is still British up until 1973.

So "disregarding the fact in evidence", really? You have been telling everyone the Japs took over in the 60s, fact:- the 60s came before the 70s.

Anyway this is beside the point, I was referring to design, specifically aesthetics, which has nothing to do with performance, or technical innovation, unless you are claiming this diabolically ugly shape is aerodynamic.

So, it may well be the fastest scooter on the planet, but it still looks like a pile of dog-shit. 

But be my guest, buy one, you get a free poopa scooper with it.

8 hours ago, AllanB said:

What has that to do with originality, that is "development".

In any case they took that away from an industry who were asleep. Now we have switched to F1, Indycarts, WRC, Land-speed records, etc, we can't be good at everything

You need to get your facts right, the Vincent Black Shadow was the fastest production bike until 1973, a bike first produced in a shed before WW2.

But as I said, I was referring to originality...and they are still copying British and American bikes....and they should stick to that if this is the result.

Copying anything + and then adding design improvements to make it  better  is usually known as innovation 

You will find most brands copy positive features of another if you're prepared to really dig deep enough  in your research....

Not only motorcycles, cars, computers, etc the most is endless

14 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Copying anything + and then adding design improvements to make it  better  is usually known as innovation 

You will find most brands copy positive features of another if you're prepared to really dig deep enough  in your research....

Not only motorcycles, cars, computers, etc the most is endless

1. By what measure have they added design improvements to make this look better?

2. What bike did they copy that was so GD hideous that this is an improvement?

3. What are these positive features you speak of, that make this pretty?

4. Digging deep, where? In a cesspit?

There may be some innovative features under the skin of this bike, but it is the skin itself that I am referring to.

If riding was only about the looks, the Kawasaki Versys would never been this popular. I can remember the first time I saw the Kawasaki Versys and had something like how they could come up with this… But riding the that first Kawasaki Versys model changed everything, it was marvelous, the riding position offered endless touring, the longer suspension travel a bit off-road riding and the excellent handling made it a perfect motorcycle for tight traffic…. But it looked hideous…

Time tells us that many people cared more about the excellent behavior of the Kawasaki Versys and less about how it looked. The Kawasaki Versys is one of team green’s success stories…

So will the Honda X-ADV 750 sell good or bad, not only depends on how it looks… It has a good engine that works really good. Despite what a lot of people say, the DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) from Honda works pretty good off-road, especially when you not have a bucket-load of off-road riding experience...

21 hours ago, AllanB said:

1. By what measure have they added design improvements to make this look better?

2. What bike did they copy that was so GD hideous that this is an improvement?

3. What are these positive features you speak of, that make this pretty?

4. Digging deep, where? In a cesspit?

There may be some innovative features under the skin of this bike, but it is the skin itself that I am referring to.

Well the Japanese were good enough to put the British motorcycle industry out of business. Who wanted to kick start their bike when a button would do

Well the Japanese were good enough to put the British motorcycle industry out of business. Who wanted to kick start their bike when a button would do

Me, when the battery was flat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Richard-BKK said:

If riding was only about the looks, the Kawasaki Versys would never been this popular. I can remember the first time I saw the Kawasaki Versys and had something like how they could come up with this… But riding the that first Kawasaki Versys model changed everything, it was marvelous, the riding position offered endless touring, the longer suspension travel a bit off-road riding and the excellent handling made it a perfect motorcycle for tight traffic…. But it looked hideous…

Time tells us that many people cared more about the excellent behavior of the Kawasaki Versys and less about how it looked. The Kawasaki Versys is one of team green’s success stories…

So will the Honda X-ADV 750 sell good or bad, not only depends on how it looks… It has a good engine that works really good. Despite what a lot of people say, the DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) from Honda works pretty good off-road, especially when you not have a bucket-load of off-road riding experience...

As a versys owner I would agree with this.. One of my fave bikes in Thailand

It doesn't have the flashiness of a Ducati or a triumph but I still get plenty of compliments about it.... 

8 hours ago, moe666 said:

Many reasons for that - to my mind the main one is their lack of innovation. Staid, old models year after year. And I owned a few - BSA, Triumph, Norton, Matchless. The Japanese changed all that in a heartbeat - as this list shows ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man_TT

Last British bike in any class was 1961. In what is the most demanding road race course in the World. The buck stops here.

On 02/07/2017 at 4:24 PM, speedtripler said:

As a versys owner I would agree with this.. One of my fave bikes in Thailand

It doesn't have the flashiness of a Ducati or a triumph but I still get plenty of compliments about it.... 

That's rich. Really rich.

An admitted Versys (?!?) owner calling my 38 y/o Triumph fugly.

Thank you, proves my point exactly. You have zero taste.

I’m pretty sure that the 38 year old Triumph is a beauty to look at, but we not talking here about the best looking motorcycles, the I could do things with a Kawasaki Versys 650 you would probably not prefer to do with your 38 year old Triumph… A classic Triumph is nice for getting a fancy coffee and park it so you can enjoy it from your table…

The Kawasaki Versys 650 is not a motorcycle you need to look long at, you need to ride it and take it to places and take roads and gravel paths that I would not recommend on a restored 38 year old Triumph….

I made the connection with the Kawasaki Versys 650 for the Honda X-ADV 750, as the first Kawasaki Versys was also received in the press as a ugly ducky… but with current sales figures Kawasaki has a amazing successful model… even it looks like it looks

The first Kawasaki Versys 650 model was unmatched when it came to riding, handling and price...

On 7/6/2017 at 10:25 AM, thaiguzzi said:

That's rich. Really rich.

An admitted Versys (?!?) owner calling my 38 y/o Triumph fugly.

Thank you, proves my point exactly. You have zero taste.

its not the bike man ,its the paintjob that made it look ridiculous 

i guess you just dont "get it " lol but you go ahead and enjoy it 

13 hours ago, speedtripler said:

its not the bike man ,its the paintjob that made it look ridiculous 

i guess you just dont "get it " lol but you go ahead and enjoy it 

No, it's you that don't "get it".

You are the first and only person who has ever said this about that bike with THAT paint job.

THAT bike with THAT paint job has been seen by thousands of people (inc fellow bike builders) in bike shows throughout England between 1995 and 2002. You are the ONLY person to have said that.

Google Pageant Paintwork England. One of the top 5 painters in the UK for the last two decades.

Google Crossbow Calendars UK. Renowned for featuring the best modified and custom bikes (non choppers) in the UK. THAT bike with THAT paint job was May '95 feature bike in the '95 calendar. They don't feature FUGLY bikes, nor any old tat.

I won't list all the magazines and other years THAT bike and other Meriden Triumphs we built were featured inc Crossbow Calendars.

Maybe you own, did own, want to own a Speed Triple. What's your mods dude? Tail tidy? Arrow 3:1 lowboy exhaust? Maybe a belly pan fitted? Whoopee.

Hey dude, how's the customizing going on your "Versys"? Some spot lamps fitted? Luggage added? Some decals? Whoopee.

You have NO IDEA about custom paint jobs, the history of customized Brit Twins, the Cal Look 60-70's flame paint jobs on Brit street racer bikes.

You have NO IDEA about the background to THAT paint job, nor my "ridiculous" looking, owned from new for 38 years Triumph.

Personal? You are damn right!!!

GFY.

1 minute ago, thaiguzzi said:

No, it's you that don't "get it".

You are the first and only person who has ever said this about that bike with THAT paint job.

THAT bike with THAT paint job has been seen by thousands of people (inc fellow bike builders) in bike shows throughout England between 1995 and 2002. You are the ONLY person to have said that.

Google Pageant Paintwork England. One of the top 5 painters in the UK for the last two decades.

Google Crossbow Calendars UK. Renowned for featuring the best modified and custom bikes (non choppers) in the UK. THAT bike with THAT paint job was May '95 feature bike in the '95 calendar. They don't feature FUGLY bikes, nor any old tat.

I won't list all the magazines and other years THAT bike and other Meriden Triumphs we built were featured inc Crossbow Calendars.

Maybe you own, did own, want to own a Speed Triple. What's your mods dude? Tail tidy? Arrow 3:1 lowboy exhaust? Maybe a belly pan fitted? Whoopee.

Hey dude, how's the customizing going on your "Versys"? Some spot lamps fitted? Luggage added? Some decals? Whoopee.

You have NO IDEA about custom paint jobs, the history of customized Brit Twins, the Cal Look 60-70's flame paint jobs on Brit street racer bikes.

You have NO IDEA about the background to THAT paint job, nor my "ridiculous" looking, owned from new for 38 years Triumph.

Personal? You are damn right!!!

GFY.

Nuff said.... :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Quite possibly that country is Singapore.... and you certainly wouldnt want to own a big V8 car there.  Very expensive road tax and registration fees, more so as your car gets older.

I didnt realise motorbikes are also expensive to own in Singapore but not surprised either

44 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

Quite possibly that country is Singapore.... and you certainly wouldnt want to own a big V8 car there.  Very expensive road tax and registration fees, more so as your car gets older.

I didnt realise motorbikes are also expensive to own in Singapore but not surprised either

Yeah u are right..bike and car prices over here are crazy..will retire in Thailand soon..