Honda X ADV 750

pbas400

I don't know but there is a Thailand X-ADV group on FB already so there must be some interest.

It's heavier than the 1000cc Africa Twin, so I doubt you will get much off-road adventure out of it.

It looks pretty cool and should be fun to launch like a bat out of hell when green light. 

Looks not too bad imho. Especially in white or red. That being said I would never buy one.

1. It's going to be way too expensive for what it is. Probably 450k THB or a bit less if I look at the price of the Integra (same engine, 384k THB) here and the price of the X Adv in other countries (2k Eur more for X Adv). The Integra used to cost 500k THB and even after dropping the price over 115k they aren't selling any.

2. It's way too heavy at 238kg. It needs to lose some 50kg. Or at the very minimum 30kg. Imho this high weight is just money saving. Why does it have to be so heavy?

3. Looks like the tail is relatively short and a lot of dirt will spill up from the rear tire. Something I can live with on a real bike but not a scooter that I want to use even if it rains and the road is super muddy.

4. Less pratical than a Click for shopping at 10x the price.

It could have been a very nice bike but Honda missed the mark on a couple important points.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, tomaway said:

This bike is coming to Thailand at 415000 Thb, very good price, same as in Europe!

I am really in hurry to try it as it could replace my Tmax with something new.

FYI

The new Yamaha TMAX SX is 499 000 thb

the DX is 529 000 thb

Thanks for the info!

The Tmax is a great machine but:

- Same engine as before....

- No accessories in Thailand or at stupid price...

- Yamaha in Phuket is a shame, for them maintenance is just changing oil, their workshop is good enough for Fino but not for 500000 Thb bikes, their showroom is a from the 90's without aircon, any serious problem and the bike end up by being stuck for months....

On the opposite side, Honda has a great showroom, spare parts, trained technician, they also will have accessories..... 

The X-ADV seems to be a great machine, I will definitely have a try when it arrives in Thailand.

415.000 bht for a scooter[emoji26][emoji26][emoji26]crazy people.

When I bought my Tmax, the price was 530k plus 70k accessories... a lot of people around me said it was crazy... 4 years later i have absolutely no regrets and I am ready to do it again! And again!

Possibly like the muscle cars....and this is the muscle scooter.

Well it's shape certainly points to that design. But when does it become silly?  Would a 800cc scooter be cool?  I suppose it's all down to what you are in to.

Me, I'd rather have a trail type bike or at least a dual purpose bike. Come on Honda.... put out a CRF450 that's convertible to a super motard and without all the maintenance hassles of a strictly competition dirt bike.

Suzuki had the DRZ400SM and you can still find them even in Thailand.  Unfortunately few have the green book.

A lot of falang want a bigger bike than the CRF250L but there a huge gap in the current market. Sure KTM have their bikes if your name is Midas then perhaps you can get one. But the main bike companies are missing out on a captive market.

The CB500X  is ok but it's more a road bike than  an ADV type bike.

I live in hope....

There are several positive side with a big scooter compare to a big bike:

- you don't feel the eat of the engine... for me it is a real plus!
- you don't have to play with a gearbox in the traffic. On the honda you even have a sequential mode.
- there is a trunk. No need to carry a back pack all the time.
- on a big bike, I am always tempted to twist the wrist....

After I understand for bikers that love all of that, a scooter remain a scooter but it has to exist, more and more people are enjoying it.

Don't get me wrong....a scooter can be fun.

It's a bit like larger women, fun until you get caught riding one!  Just joking and yes it's a rather sexist remark.

Scooters certainly have there place and for about town they are great esp in slow moving traffic jams.

21 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

Possibly like the muscle cars....and this is the muscle scooter.

Well it's shape certainly points to that design. But when does it become silly?  Would a 800cc scooter be cool?  I suppose it's all down to what you are in to.

Me, I'd rather have a trail type bike or at least a dual purpose bike. Come on Honda.... put out a CRF450 that's convertible to a super motard and without all the maintenance hassles of a strictly competition dirt bike.

Suzuki had the DRZ400SM and you can still find them even in Thailand.  Unfortunately few have the green book.

A lot of falang want a bigger bike than the CRF250L but there a huge gap in the current market. Sure KTM have their bikes if your name is Midas then perhaps you can get one. But the main bike companies are missing out on a captive market.

The CB500X  is ok but it's more a road bike than  an ADV type bike.

I live in hope....

Patience my son...

Next year the Yamaha T7 will be available here. Could be THE BIKE everybody's been waiting for...

On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 8:16 PM, thaiguzzi said:

Patience my son...

Next year the Yamaha T7 will be available here. Could be THE BIKE everybody's been waiting for...

I just read a write up/review on a NZ website about the new Yamaha Tracer 700.

Unfortunately the current one released in NZ has the smaller motor to allow learner riders to buy it. 

But that said the review said it's still a rocket with very good brakes.  Only real complain is that the rear tyre is too wide!  Apparently it grips so well that it always wants to overtake the front wheel.

I'll wait for Pops bike rentals to get some in and then take one for a spin. Looks like the ideal bike....

• 2 months later...

What a dog, do they go out of their way to make something really ugly..Jeeeeeeeze!!

Plus the whole point a scooter is an oil free, keep your clothes clean, cool looking runabout, what the hell is this supposed to be, an exercise in plastic origami?

I have just bought a Vespa GTS 125 scooter and that is plenty powerful for what it is, if you want to ride fast buy a proper sports bike, not this bloody stupid Mickey Mouse POC.

The Japanese really can't do "originality", give them a blank canvas and they come up with this.......they should stick to paper folding.