Two months late with 800G deposit, what to do?

On 11/02/2017 at 1:29 PM, ubonjoe said:

You would have to show some proof of where you are staying to get the extension. A short term rental agreement would be accepted.

After getting the extension you would have to do your 90 day reports to the office where you got the extension unless your formally changed your address at a different office. You can do your reports by mail or online.

So as I plan to travel extensively around Thailand, then that's not a problem I take it?

1 hour ago, Jorgendk said:

Does online registration work again now ????

No.

An Immigration report said there was a problem with the server.

An Immigration officer told me it had been hacked, so they took it down.

Edited by dentonian

On 13/02/2017 at 10:21 PM, dentonian said:

Only you can be the judge of that.

You should read section 37 and 38 of the Immigration Act first.

Thai Immigration Act 2522en-immigration.pdf

Read thanks. Maybe I do not fully comprehend those sections but I hardly think immigration expect one to be basically stuck in one place for the duration of their permission to stay.

If you are stuck, and are American, I suggest you got an income affidavit from US Embassy. All it requires is a sworn statement. And, print out your bank book showing 800k baht. You'll be just fine. You have a lot of money in the bank and an affidavit. You'll bee green lighted. 

As far as I know, the income method does not require that you deposit the income in a Thai bank every month. Don't use the "money in bank method." If you do, there is no checking of that beyond affidavit and a possible quick look at your bankbook (showing 800k baht). 

1 hour ago, Ebumbu said:

If you are stuck, and are American, I suggest you got an income affidavit from US Embassy. All it requires is a sworn statement. And, print out your bank book showing 800k baht. You'll be just fine. You have a lot of money in the bank and an affidavit. You'll bee green lighted. 

As far as I know, the income method does not require that you deposit the income in a Thai bank every month. Don't use the "money in bank method." If you do, there is no checking of that beyond affidavit and a possible quick look at your bankbook (showing 800k baht). 

The US embassy consular do not request any additional income statement to notarize the affidavit of income.  The applicant makes the sworn statement of income, and the consular official notarizes the document.   You pay $50 USD and you are on your way.

Other country's consular official may require additional documents such as a pension statement, pay stub, bank statement, etc before notarizing the document; that is solely up to the consular.  The consular official's job is to verify your signature, not the information contained in the affidavit/document.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 3:36 PM, ubonjoe said:

He can get the non-o visa in Vientiane or Penang. He does not have to return to his home country to get it. 

Can you get a non o visa in KL with an Australian passport. I only returned to Aus 3 years ago and was in KL for 6 years so I know the place well

6 minutes ago, Dave C said:

Can you get a non o visa in KL with an Australian passport. I only returned to Aus 3 years ago and was in KL for 6 years so I know the place well

KL will only issue them to Malaysians and legal residents there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2017 at 0:21 AM, koo said:

800G deposit? That's 800 giga baht = 800.000.000.000 baht. 

I guess 800k (=kilo) = 800.000 baht would be appropriate for the mentioned reason.

G's or Grand was an old colloquial term meaning 1000. It was replaced with K, from kilo, when the world (mostly) adopted the metric system. If you watch old gangster movies from the USA you will see it used a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2017 at 3:57 PM, georgemandm said:

Like I said try for not o visa no way 

making people go back to there country to do them because now you need a  criminal  check .

you did it 9 years ago and you are saying you can get it at Vientiane, I tried 2 years ago with no  success so I think I would no more about then you .

what you read on here is not all ways right, like people like you that are not with the new visa rules and make  comments .

george,i understand that english is your 2nd language and you write pretty well,but you always manage to get yourself in a hole and you will not stop digging.Saying that the"visa guru"ubon joe is wrong is sacralidge.I suggest you apologize and think back to what you actually tried to do.I would bet my right nut that Joe is right and you are confused.I only have one left,that's how confident i am.Ubonjoe is a forum treasure and you should listen to what he says.

• Like 1

On 07/02/2017 at 5:38 PM, georgemandm said:

I am 100% sure can't get them I am telling you it has all changed I had to get the retirement one In Canberra.

i am from Melbourne.

you need to go through all the  checks now   trying to clean up the  criminals from going to thailand with the non o visa.

if you are not a criminal you will not have a problem.

Once you have the retirement one you have it for two years , but after year one you have to go thai  immigration and get a  multi-entry again for the next year.

mine just run out am not getting a retirement one again not need it now can just fly in and out with  normal tourist Visa .

Why don't you think outside the box a little.Come in on visa on arrival or the 2 month visa and upgrade from there.No ripoff police check to pay for.Guess the crims have worked that out already.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2017 at 2:48 AM, georgemandm said:

Are you being a smart ??? I am tell you from Australia get a life .

i not need to research no one get it , that is the laws in Australia for thai visa now .

55555,you are a blessing to this forum,for a good laugh.Australian law has nothing to do with Thai visa.The Thai's may have stopped giving them out to try and stop that Ozzy riff raff polluting our shores.

On 08/02/2017 at 7:49 AM, georgemandm said:

I agree with the married to a thai yes .

but the o-a Retirement Has to be done in Australia for  Australians wanting to live in thailand that is the new laws for  singles .

so you see ubonjoe you are great at what you do , but some of the so called no alls get on here and give bad  advice . 

It was changed some 3 years ago as you all ready no .

to stop the  criminals getting in to thailand on the non-o and  then change it to an extension of stay .

with out  police checks and  medicals in their own country .

i am talking about  Single men retiring in thailand.

not married.

You don't understand visas.OA has been in country forever,nothing changed,except the price.Plenty of single Ozzy men,living in Thailand for 12 months at a time,,without OA visa,crims or not.

On 11/02/2017 at 6:21 PM, muzmurray said:

It may well be the wording they use, but it is incorrect as I am sure you will realise, there is no requirement to be retired, over 50 years old however.......................

There is a requirement to be retired,in Thailand.As for the rest of the world,they couldn't care less,as with most things.

• 1 month later...

If it hasn't already been said, the OP should hop to the nearest US consulate and just cross his fingers when he's asked to swear to  the truthfulness of his information on the income letter he'll receive.     It is a felony to be untruthful on the form.

Short of that and especially leaving the country and etc, while not my M.O. I would think he'd consider using a "fixer" for anywhere from less that 10K to over 35K.

Good luck to the OP.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, paddyjoe41 said:

If the op has the money in another country,then proof of that is sufficient to apply and normally will be accepted.

Not to apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration here. It has to be in a Thai bank.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2017 at 11:44 AM, ubonjoe said:

You extension of stay (not a visa) based upon retirement application will be denied for not having the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply.

You will need to leave the country to get a new non-o visa and apply for a new extension.

UJ, You da man! 

On 2/7/2017 at 3:21 AM, koo said:

800G deposit? That's 800 giga baht = 800.000.000.000 baht. 

I guess 800k (=kilo) = 800.000 baht would be appropriate for the mentioned reason.

G is commonly used in the USA to refer to thousands.  G is "grand" or thousand.  For example 10 Gs is 10,000.  History of its origin is a bit hazy.  Could have referred to the now defunct $1,000 bill that had Grant on it.  It is a bit unusual to use G when referring to baht, where 10K baht would be more common and certainly more universally used

• Like 1

My opinion is that this is not the place to ask. Immigration offices have the authority to give an extension if they choose to do so. It will probably cost some money, as was the case for guzzi850m2 (4000Bt. Post no. 12) the problem would seem to be, how do you ask for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere that not any income is accepted for this OA visa,  it must be a pension payment of sort (kind of has perpetuality and stability), is that true...  !?

It must have been UK citizen related I think,  so UK embassy notorizes your income saying what it is and where it comes from,  but is it okay if it is monthly payslips (say for remote consultancy work) and not a pension payment based on government/company or private pension money into your account...!? 

(How would they know anyway...!) 

9 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I read somewhere that not any income is accepted for this OA visa,  it must be a pension payment of sort (kind of has perpetuality and stability), is that true...  !?

Not true any income is acceptable.(If legal!)

FYI

The British Embassy does not "notarize" income.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perthperson said:

Not true any income is acceptable.(If legal!)

FYI

The British Embassy does not "notarize" income.  

That's good to know, so what should I do in case of payslips,  what does UK embassy do for that then...need other docs etc. ....! ? (I guess can't do this in Phuket, have to go to Bangkok...!).

I rather try this income route than 800k, it's not a good time to exchange £ to THB... (if ever a good time,  after brexit and all...!) 

Just now, Agusts said:

That's good to know, so what should I do in case of payslips,  what does UK embassy do for that then...need other docs etc. ....! ? (I guess can't do this in Phuket, have to go to Bangkok...!).

I rather try this income route than 800k, it's not a good time to exchange £ to THB... (if ever a good time,  after brexit and all...!) 

Open the link for the real deal and full instructions 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, perthperson said:

Thanks, I will have a go at this in January, hope the rules don't change by then. 

I plan to come in with visa waiver, then get this letter from UK embassy, then go to Phuket immigration and apply for 90 days non-O visa,  and after that try the one year retirement O-A extension,  from what I read that is doable.... Was planing to do it with 800k but it would be far better if I could use my monthly payslips that meets and exceeds the monthly financial requirement.... 

9 minutes ago, Agusts said:

and after that try the one year retirement O-A extension,

There is no such thing ! 

You can apply for the 90 days stay  the non O visa will provide to be extended. . The extension of stay is NOT a visa and if you wish to travel during the life of the extension you will need a re-entry permit or the extension will be invalidated.

I hope these pay slips you refer to originate outside Thailand because an extension of stay based on retirement forbids working in Thailand

Edited by perthperson
spelling
  • Like 1