Sinkhole opens up near Australian prime minister's Sydney home

webfact

Sinkhole opens up near Australian prime minister's Sydney home

REUTERS

r15.jpg

A worker inspects a sinkhole that appeared after heavy rain outside a property located near Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's residence in Sydney, Australia, February 8, 2017. REUTERS/David Gray

SYDNEY (Reuters) - A sinkhole opened up less than 1 kilometre (0.62 mile) from Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's home in the wealthy Sydney suburb of Point Piper, media said on Wednesday, after a night of heavy rain and flash flooding.

There were no reports of injuries or damage to private property from the sinkhole that opened up on a sidewalk, but police have cordoned off the street.

"We will make the site safe," the director of technical services for the municipal council, Tom O'Hanlon, told reporters.

"And at the same time, we are working with the three utility companies so they can do some work around to get the power back on."

(Reporting by Reuters Television; Editing by Randy Fabi)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-02-08

Dear Mr. Turnbull you could consider this as a bad omen. I guess it will be some time before Trump invites you to his alternate White House for a game of golf. You will have to wait while Abe does his 18 holes and is done telling Trump that Japan is willing to spend billions on new investment in the US and forthwith the Donald will sound his Make America great again Trumpet. To make business deals just for the sake of business really brings a politician out into the open so  to speak or translated shows one the "Nature of the beast"

18 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Shame the idiot was swallowed up.  Australia wouldnt miss him

Guess you meant "wasn't". So, who would you have as an alternative? Surely not Shorten?

You would not have seen Question Time in Parliament today I assume. Turnbull's destruction of Shorten was described as Keating-esk by reporters today. I saw it and it was brilliant. Easily the best speech Turbull has ever done.

20 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

Guess you meant "wasn't". So, who would you have as an alternative? Surely not Shorten?

You would not have seen Question Time in Parliament today I assume. Turnbull's destruction of Shorten was described as Keating-esk by reporters today. I saw it and it was brilliant. Easily the best speech Turbull has ever done.

Pauline Hanson would be a good choice.

19 hours ago, Thechook said:

Shame the idiot was swallowed up.  Australia wouldnt miss him

...what about the families either side and in the immediate area...far more important than someone living a kilometre away.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to normal.