Ford extend warranty for three models in gear dispute

rooster59

1 hour ago, BaldPlumber said:

I'm not a particular fan of automatics, so i quite like the idea of this dual clutch system.

It seems odd that the people I've spoken to are unaware of the issue.

A cynic might say that this might be because I've only spoken to prospective sellers.

Another car that I like is the Suzuki swift RX, but the prices of these seem crazy in comparison with the Ford.

But, I admit, it's a concern with the fiesta if Ford would try and wiggle out of repairing it in the event of failure.

Are you having 2nd thoughts, a couple of days ago you said  ............. Won't be pursuing this any further ............

So have you driven one yet? Really best to do it if you are thinking of a Fiesta again. It is so easy to get a test drive now, sales are not good, just about anywhere. 

Interesting? ... http://www.autonews.com/article/20160105/BLOG06/301059997/ford-gets-the-powershift-dual-clutch-transmission-right-but-is-it-too-

6 hours ago, BaldPlumber said:

Had Fords before, never had a problem.

Not sure how much of this is hype TBH, we'll see.

First I would find out the build date ... get the VIN No and input it into https://www.etis.ford.com/selectedVehicleDetails.do. it should also show you any outstanding updates/items. But it is not always up to date in Thailand.

Another idea is to check the date on the tyres ... just google how to

And look at the date on the seat belts.

I cannot give you anymore than has been mentioned previous. I don't have a letter ....still have 18 months left on the normal warranty and am thinking of not buying  PPP to get the extra 2 years as it doesn't do a lot of 'mileage'.

It should have the latest TCM software, if not Ford will do it if you ask. Look out for a PM later today ......

Edited by JAS21

• 5 months later...