GPS system for Mobillio

nong38

I recently bought a Honda Mobilio, it has a rear view camera so I have a display in front of me, what I dont have but would like is a GPS navigation system so I would like a bit of advice please.

I have a USB input I can use for an extra bit of kit, what is the best way for me go forward and get a GPS and would I be able to use the dashboard display for information or should I buy a system and use it separately?

I would like to get a system that can be in English at least, Thai would be ok for the wife, any recommendations?

Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Not to sure where you are. Anyway, I bought the cheapest Honda CRV. Didn't want the 4 wheel drive, special seats, big engine, but wanted a GPS.

I got a GPS kit for the CRV from one of those shops that sell, stereos, bullbars, camera and accessories for cars.

In my case the GPS kit fitted in where the old stereo system was, so you get a big screen for the GPS, (or watching movies while you drive).

I'm sure you can probably find a kit for your Honda that fits well and looks good.

38 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Not to sure where you are. Anyway, I bought the cheapest Honda CRV. Didn't want the 4 wheel drive, special seats, big engine, but wanted a GPS.

I got a GPS kit for the CRV from one of those shops that sell, stereos, bullbars, camera and accessories for cars.

In my case the GPS kit fitted in where the old stereo system was, so you get a big screen for the GPS, (or watching movies while you drive).

I'm sure you can probably find a kit for your Honda that fits well and looks good.

Yes I think thats the way to go, I looked on youtube but these all seem to be US Hondas with different specs than the ones here. My inputs are 3.5mm stereoo jack and a USB, designed for music rather than vision. 

A smartphone would do the trick but I dont have one so the sat nav kit looks like the way to go and live with that.

You could get one of those aftermarket head unit.. Been looking at the 7" Android Head unit from the guys over at Mirage Audio. Seems like a pretty good option.. 

But then again, I'm not so keen in removing the onboard head unit for an aftermarket one, so presently just using my phone as my navigation system.. Since it's a smart phone, Google Maps works fine most of the time for me though.