Tourism minister hopes more Muslim visitors will be lured to Thailand

snoop1130

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Different lanes, a plastic divider, two seperate pools or the women swim in the shallow end and the men in the deep?
Do they wear a special swimsuit too? Anyone know? No bigotry intended. Just curious.

Go and stay there.

I'm sure your custom will be valued. 

7 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Does this mean rooms will not have an arrow on the ceiling pointing towards Patpong, Nana, or Soi Cowboy?  

Arrows on the ceiling? 

There may be indicators showing the direction of Mecca. 

Though I suppose we all have our own "meccas"...

Maybe they can join forces with the Muslims in the south and help take over the 4 Southern Provinces.......

If any one thinks not all Muslims are terrorists.....go tell that to the relatives of the 230 people that have died in France alone since 2015........

Before any one gets on it... I have worked in Saudi, Qatar, Algeria and Kazakhstan and along side Pakistani muslim that just don't get it when it come to any one else is way never mind western

ways.

Brainwashed .....and as already mentioned don't push religion in to other peoples life.  You will always get the reaction  you did  not want.

17 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

When I came to Thailand on holiday I never got asked what religion I was by the immigration. Maybe times have changed. Why class people by their religion. Why not class them on what they come to Thailand on holiday for.

- The beautiful beaches
- The friendly people and interesting culture.
- The entertainment side
- The outdoor adventurist

Etc.... not
- Lets build a muslim pray room
- Muslim food
- Bibles in the hotel draw
- Koran in the hotel draw
- kosher meat in the fridge

Leave religion out of it T.a.t lady. Don't label us. We come to Thailand as one. The holidaymaker. Or should we have 3 lines at immigration airport arrivals. One for Christians, one for Muslims and one for Buddhists.

Don't forget to add a queue for us pagans. After all, in the UK at least, we are a majority.

18 hours ago, thai3 said:

Although I detest Islam as evil and divisive I do like staying in a Hotel with a lot of Muslim guests, as we did last week in Bangkok. For one thing it means the menus are more extensive. Another positive is that they are not likely to come back at 3.a.m drunk and causing a noise, or worse have a new 'girlfriend' in tow then keep you up half the night while they get their monies worth. Muslim visitors are OK by me.

This is a wrong headed and inaccurate generalisation.  There are hundreds of bars where Muslims drink and drink to excess.  There are hundreds of girly bars and brothels where Muslims hang out and bar fine girls.  There are lots of hotels with non Muslims where there is no partying or girls.  Your comment is illogical and indicates  prejudice towards the men and women here who come to party. 

2 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Maybe they can join forces with the Muslims in the south and help take over the 4 Southern Provinces.......

If any one thinks not all Muslims are terrorists.....go tell that to the relatives of the 230 people that have died in France alone since 2015........

Before any one gets on it... I have worked in Saudi, Qatar, Algeria and Kazakhstan and along side Pakistani muslim that just don't get it when it come to any one else is way never mind western

ways.

Brainwashed .....and as already mentioned don't push religion in to other peoples life.  You will always get the reaction  you did  not want.

You are correct. The tourist minister yet again is wrong. 

Are their any Christian themed hotels in Thailand? With a Christian Prayer room. A Christian swimming pool. A Christian restaurant serving Christian food. Are there? Or what about a Mormon hotel? Or a Scientology hotel with a giant observatory? Bet Tom Cruise would come.

28 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Are their any Christian themed hotels in Thailand? 

There's certainly a Christian guest house in Bangkok, off Convent Rd behind Silom Complex. And the whole of Soi Thaniya is dedicated to Japanese restaurants and Japanese bars because the Japanese like being in a cultural ghetto too

Edited by SaintLouisBlues

19 hours ago, thai3 said:

Although I detest Islam as evil and divisive I do like staying in a Hotel with a lot of Muslim guests, as we did last week in Bangkok. For one thing it means the menus are more extensive. Another positive is that they are not likely to come back at 3.a.m drunk and causing a noise, or worse have a new 'girlfriend' in tow then keep you up half the night while they get their monies worth. Muslim visitors are OK by me.

Menus are more extensive? Not sure about that one. And I, for one, absolutely need real bacon for breakfast... !

17 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

There's certainly a Christian guest house in Bangkok, off Convent Rd behind Silom Complex. And the whole of Soi Thaniya is dedicated to Japanese restaurants and Japanese bars because the Japanese like being in a cultural ghetto too

As the hillbilly newspapers report.

10 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

Noted

What bigots hate to acknowledge because it's an inconvenient truth is that almost everybody - and especially every minority - lives in some sort of ghetto, whether it's one of religion or race or culture. I walk through the Japanese ghetto (Thaniya) rather than through the heterosexual ghetto (Patpong) in order to reach the gay ghetto on the other side of Suriwong Rd. I also do my grocery shopping in the farang-friendly Villa Mart rather than the more Thai-friendly Tops. I remember a couple of years after 9-11 a guy in my office announcing that he was moving his family out of California so they could be with other "like minded souls". He wasn't a Muslim, just a WASP

1 hour ago, The manic said:

This is a wrong headed and inaccurate generalisation.  There are hundreds of bars where Muslims drink and drink to excess.  There are hundreds of girly bars and brothels where Muslims hang out and bar fine girls.  There are lots of hotels with non Muslims where there is no partying or girls.  Your comment is illogical and indicates  prejudice towards the men and women here who come to party. 

You're quite right that some of the prevailing attitudes toward Muslims are inaccurate. Below is a pic I took in Bandung, Indonesia, a couple of weeks ago. I was the only bule (farang) in the joint. There were many women there in hijab, and all the boyfriends/husbands were drinking. Muslim woman in a headscarf got up and did a great job on a couple of Stones covers and AC/DC (Highway to Hell!)... see photo below. Wish Trump could have seen this...

DSC00692.jpg

17 hours ago, Mook23 said:

Right, with 5am alah ahkbar blaring through the property's speakers ?

I like my life religion free and that includes Buddhism...

Ni dieu ni maître. No one needs to tell me how to live my life. Nobody needs to die for my sins. 

That does not happen anywhere that I have stayed in Thailand

I think the hotel should have built in the south, where the sounds of nature muffled by

bombing and shootings, that's will surly make the feel at home, don't you think?....

and for past time activities what is better that to visit the graves of those 7,000 plus

people who's life been cut short by a  sic religion ideology that you suppose to kill the old,

the young and all in between on your path to glory....