Recommended Computer Repairman In Pantip...and Also...where Can I Recover The Data On A Damaged Hard Disk ?

thecottonmill

I've bought, repaired and priced up many things at Pantip computer plaza and I always end up wondering whether I'm getting a good price or I've been ripped off! So the next time I'm there I always go around pricing things up for ages and wasting lots of time.

Hence, I thought I'd put this post up.

There's a guy I'd like to recommend. He's on the ground floor to the left at the far end (go through the main square in the middle and then he's in the section they call "Cyber space Zone" and his is "box 9." It's just a desk so you might need to ask. His name is Pui and his number is 0868436847 OR 0891057252.

The great thing is that he speaks good english (i can also speak reasonable thai but i find discussing technical stuff hard in thai!) and he comes across really honest and good at what he does. I took my computer there last week for a fix and he checked it out, spent the next 3 hours on it (I was there) replaced some bits with pieces he had lying around and charged me 300baht and the computer works great of course!

Yesterday I took a hard disk there (i dropped it - it's an external drive) and he checked it for me, made someone else double check it and they couldnt do anything. No charge, no hard sell.

Give him a try if you need something fixing!

Incidentally I never did repair that hard disk - nobody seems to be able to do it here and it's going to cost a bomb at home. Does anyone know where i can get it done here? I dropped it and now it just whirrs and beeps then goes silent. It's not the external box as the guy at pantip took it out and tested it. It's got 250gb of photos and files on which i desperately want back!

any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers

John