Send money to China, Bank transfer, Paypal, Alipay / Wechat, what is the cheapest ?

I do not see why you can not use Alipay and Wechat. If you have money credited to your Wechat or Alipay accounts already then there is not reason not to send money using these methods.

The problem is not the receiver but you as the sender. If not sufficient  positive balance you need to have either your Alipay or Wechat account connected to a Thai card or other overseas debit or credit card. I do not see why that is not possible but maybe needs to be a Unionpay card such as from HK accounts for a debit card but for a credit card it should not matter.

7-Elevens take Alipay, but in that case the funds come from China to Thailand.

Interested to hear how you get on.

getting money transferred into China is hard work, transferring money out is impossible. You haven't mentioned the amount, but if it's a considerable amount use Super Rich, they are in fact a Chinese company and they are able to transfer by using a go between.

basically you walk into one of their Bangkok branches, give them the amount in Baht and the receivers bank details. And one of their counterparts in China will deposit the money into their account.we use this way regularly and it's very quick and never failed.

4 hours ago, DipStick said:

getting money transferred into China is hard work, transferring money out is impossible. You haven't mentioned the amount, but if it's a considerable amount use Super Rich, they are in fact a Chinese company and they are able to transfer by using a go between.

basically you walk into one of their Bangkok branches, give them the amount in Baht and the receivers bank details. And one of their counterparts in China will deposit the money into their account.we use this way regularly and it's very quick and never failed.

Wow ! Thank you ! I couldn't guess this one.

Do you know what is the fee, for example for $1000 ?

Edited by abab

8 hours ago, boriga said:

I do not see why you can not use Alipay and Wechat. If you have money credited to your Wechat or Alipay accounts already then there is not reason not to send money using these methods.

The problem is not the receiver but you as the sender. If not sufficient  positive balance you need to have either your Alipay or Wechat account connected to a Thai card or other overseas debit or credit card. I do not see why that is not possible but maybe needs to be a Unionpay card such as from HK accounts for a debit card but for a credit card it should not matter.

7-Elevens take Alipay, but in that case the funds come from China to Thailand.

Interested to hear how you get on.

You need a Chinese bank account, cannot use with a Thai bank account.