What is this new TrueVisions box?

Patanawet

Yesterday True upgraded my broadband to fibre with new cabling and a new router. All working well.

As the engineer was leaving he handed me another box. I asked what is it and he could only reply "free, free".

It is aTruevisions Skyworth HD-SK1000C and looks like another tv decoder.

I already have Truevisions cable TV with Gold packages and 2 decoders.

Do I connect this to the TreuVisions cable? Is so where do I buy the coaxial cable to loop with one of the decoders?

If it is for more channels, is it free? Do I get different channels to my gold package?

And maybe a rhetorical question --- why was it delivered by a True broadband installation engineer?

I should add that last night I searched for several hours on the various True websites to no avail!

13 minutes ago, rawhod said:

You were looking for the wrong box...the last letter is "s" not "c".

http://www.wemall.com/products/true-digital-hd-sattlelite-box-hd-sk1000s-2442927677106.html

Thanks for swift message rawhod. Yes the last letter really is a C . I assumed that the s stood for sattelite and the c for cable?

The picture of the device looks identical to my one which was delivered in a brown box.

Sorry I should have emphasised that my TrueVisions service is cable and not sattelite.

Edited by Patanawet
typo

Is your new fiber router in the same room as your TV and decoder?

If not, that's probably why the technician left before hooking up the new decoder.

The new decoder needs to be connected to the router by LAN cable.