Tony Blair calls for people to 'rise up' against Brexit

webfact

2 hours ago, superal said:

Can you imagine how the parents of a young soldier felt when he was sent to the Iraq war zone , under equipped and under armed , by the false statements of Blair and did not return .  How Blair can live with that on his conscience  is beyond me .

Blair is wasting his breath trying to persuade the voters to reverse the Brexit decision , if anything it will have the opposite effect . 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/iraq-soldiers-grieving-dad-hopes-8120754.amp

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/6318079/Tony-Blair-misled-country-over-Iraq-war-parents-of-dead-soldiers-tell-inquiry.html

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/iraq-war-families-raise-funds-possible-legal-action-against-tony-blair-650369373

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/19/2017 at 6:26 PM, Grouse said:

I have indeed promised to give a list of positive points about the EU  and will do so. Sorry for the delay.

I do seem to disagree with many on TV, but not all. Any theories why? In my circle of friends and associates most are of a similar view. Elitist? Maybe. Is that bad?

But here's the thing, you posted some good stuff and I understand your point of view. But giving Clarke a "slapping"? I don't know, maybe I'm just old and miss common courtesy?

My main point is that a true statesman speaks what he truly believes. If it came to following the party line rather than his soul, he would resign.

I do feel that UK has gone down in so many ways. I hope things can be turned around but I don't see many great leaders in the wings. Do you?

Well, nearly a week on and no response. It's OK, Grouse, fans of the EU have had difficulty finding any real arguments, either post or pre referendum. As for disagreement with many on TV, well that's simply because the majority feel differently from you. You can call me a lout and yourself an elitist if you like, but being the latter is definitely far worse in my mind.

The main point (topic) concerned the EU, not individual statesmen. This is just another diversion away from the main topic. If the UK has done down in so many ways, then might it not be the time to give the country a chance free of EU influence and control anyway?

Rt Hon Jacob Rees-Mogg speaks honestly and knows his stuff.

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Well, nearly a week on and no response. It's OK, Grouse, fans of the EU have had difficulty finding any real arguments, either post or pre referendum. As for disagreement with many on TV, well that's simply because the majority feel differently from you. You can call me a lout and yourself an elitist if you like, but being the latter is definitely far worse in my mind.

The main point (topic) concerned the EU, not individual statesmen. This is just another diversion away from the main topic. If the UK has done down in so many ways, then might it not be the time to give the country a chance free of EU influence and control anyway?

Rt Hon Jacob Rees-Mogg speaks honestly and knows his stuff.

You are quite correct and I shall give this matter my urgent attention.

No problem with Rees-Mogg; he's educated and entitled to his opinions even though he is totally incorrect 

I do not recall calling you a lout. Are you?

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You are quite correct and I shall give this matter my urgent attention.

No problem with Rees-Mogg; he's educated and entitled to his opinions even though he is totally incorrect 

I do not recall calling you a lout. Are you?

"Totally incorrect" is a description of JRM that I know you won't be able to back up. How can you refer to him as educated and then say that?

You referred to my behaviour as loutish. I will leave you to you iterations. 

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

"Totally incorrect" is a description of JRM that I know you won't be able to back up. How can you refer to him as educated and then say that?

You referred to my behaviour as loutish. I will leave you to you iterations. 

His OPINIONS are incorrect I believe. 

I do not condone loutish behaviour. Do you?

I will respond with a list of positives and negatives about the EU to back up my stance...

Michael Heseltine rises up against brexit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39094090

"The fightback starts here. My opponents will argue that the people have spoken, the [Brexit] mandate secured and the future cast. My experience stands against this argument."

Anti-democrats always say that, don't they?

He has been a long-standing supporter of the EU within the Conservative Party and backed the idea of the UK joining the single currency. 

:crazy:

3 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Michael Heseltine rises up against brexit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39094090

"The fightback starts here. My opponents will argue that the people have spoken, the [Brexit] mandate secured and the future cast. My experience stands against this argument."

Anti-democrats always say that, don't they?

He has been a long-standing supporter of the EU within the Conservative Party and backed the idea of the UK joining the single currency. 

:crazy:

Good piece

The latest edition of The Economist addresses the same issue under Baghot - recommended.