Business Class to Singapore

rak sa_ngop

I want to fly Bangkok to Singapore in a bit of style for my birthday.

Checking prices I see that Singapore Airlines business class is pretty expensive close to 28K and Thai is only a little bit cheaper at 25K.

I don't really want to fly Malaysian (about 18k) as would have to transit through their dry business class lounge in KL.

One option is Cathay Pacific which (unless I have missed some extra charges) comes in at an incredibly cheap 12K. Only one flight a day but timing is OK.

Does anybody have any experiences with Cathay to Singapore. How are the lounges and service on board?

What about the low cost carriers?  Do any of them offer a premier service that can compete with a national carrier.

Welcome any comments (especially the sensible ones)..

DELETED most part of my post.

sorry did not see the OP already had mentioned Cathay.

As for the lounge: CATHAY has a brand-new and much hyped lounge at Swampy, though when I used it for the first time in 2016, I was not impressed at all (maybe it was due to the fact I was there at 4.15 am on a Sunday morning), the offerings were scarce and modest, even though they had to cater for their own PAX as they have a very early red-eye flight out of BKK too. I myself was flying MAS to KL and MAS will usually give you a voucher for a mediocre contract lounge, but as I hold oneworld sapphire membership, I had the option to visit any oneworld lounge I wanted so I gave the Cathay lounge a try.

No idea which lounge they use at SIN, but even if they don't operate their own lounge, I would not be too worried, as even the contract lounges, which in most cases are operated by CHANGI AIRPORT COMPANY themselves, are pretty decent and boost free-flow self-service alc drinks (incl liqueur) if that is what you are after

Passengers_and_services_Cathay_Pacific_online_booking_-_2017-02-18_11.56.42.png

Edited by siam2007
it is Saturday and one is prone to typos on a weekend day -_-