In and out

Jim skiddz

Hey all hope you're managing to weather the storm. I'm working out of Aus so things haven't been too quiet with the likes of Gorgon, Wheatstone and Inpex. 

I'm currently working on Wheatstone onshore on a 4/1 roster (not the best rotation I know)

I'm starting to get hassled on the way in due to coming and going X amount of times in the last six months, is anyone else experiencing this? I've heard of FIFO boys getting denied entry at the border and have a feeling that my time isn't far off. I fly into Phuket.

Cheers

This happened to me about ten years ago! they only allow so many days etc, etc. not a new thing, I ended up getting 17 days if I remember correctly as that was all the days I was allowed. (I was working 28 x 28)

I got  a retirement visa after that incident and never had a problem since, don't know what your options are regarding visa but probably better to get one at the embassy in Aus before you travel.

Cheers

A mate of mine has also done the same thing within the past 12 months.

He works in Malaysia... back home to Thailand every 2-3 weeks for a 3-4 day weekend.

Started to get hassled at immigration on arrival so applied for (and obtained) a retirement visa.

No more hassles.

• 3 months later...

Jim please be aware that there is no such thing as a retirement VISA but if you

are 50 years old or over you can, after jumping through some fairly easy hoops, 

obtain an extension of your permission to stay on the grounds of retirement.

You do not actually have to be retired other than in Thailand.

With this you can come and go as you please, indefinitely, no problems.

Edited by phuketjock
addition