Wheres the passport office in Chiang Mai?

kdev

Hi, in April I'm going up to Chiang Dao in Chiang Mai with my Thai girlfriend and on the way back to Chiang Mai we're hoping to get her passport renewed. Can someone tell me the GPS co-ordinates of the office so that I can locate the building, failing that easy to follow directions bearing in mind neither myself or my girlfriend are familiar with Chiang Mai as shes travelling from Koh Samui. Thanks Kenny

Edited by kdev

Bri19000 I agree but my concern was that sometimes google data can be inaccurate so I needed a local forum member to verify that that is the actual office as time won't be on my side as we have to catch a flight later. Btw thanks for the location, Kenny

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, noise said:

That is the correct site.   Multi-storey building.   There will be signs directing you where to go on the ground floor, if I remember corrrectly.  

Correct, easy to find and very efficient with 13 ladies in booths to process the paperwok .Thai ID and old passport is required of course.

We were in, and out, within 15 minutes.Received new passport by EMS 7 days later.Pity this cant be the template for another Gov institution I can think of

10 hours ago, kdev said:

Bri19000 I agree but my concern was that sometimes google data can be inaccurate so I needed a local forum member to verify that that is the actual office as time won't be on my side as we have to catch a flight later. Btw thanks for the location, Kenny

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

City Hall, Mae Rim Road turn left at Highway 3029, you literally can't miss it. Amazingly efficient as well, took my Mrs out there 2 weeks ago, whole process took 20 mins and the passport arrived 3 days later (they promise 7 though), 1,000 baht for 56 pages vs my Australian passport which is 10,000 baht for 42 pages.  The office is on the ground floor, you can't miss it. 

48 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

City Hall, Mae Rim Road turn left at Highway 3029, you literally can't miss it. Amazingly efficient as well, took my Mrs out there 2 weeks ago, whole process took 20 mins and the passport arrived 3 days later (they promise 7 though), 1,000 baht for 56 pages vs my Australian passport which is 10,000 baht for 42 pages.  The office is on the ground floor, you can't miss it. 

Agree with most posts a very efficient service pity immigration could not take a page out of there book.