Visa Report: Seoul , South Korea - No Problems - Free Visa

On 2/25/2017 at 0:02 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

pjthefey

FWIW all single entry tourist visas in all county's are free at the moment Korea isn't doing anything special 

I didn't realize that.  

One of the only other Visa reports from Seoul in the VIsa report thread from over a year ago also indicated that the guy got a free visa.    I thought it might have been a similar situation. 

I wonder about the motivation if it's happening everywhere.   On one hand I hear people talking about a crackdown and tightening immigration (I personally have seen no evidence of this as I've never been questioned at an airport, etc), on the other hand there's instances like this which seem to encourage people to get tourist visas.

Edited by pjthefey

3 hours ago, pjthefey said:

I didn't realize that.  

One of the only other Visa reports from Seoul in the VIsa report thread from over a year ago also indicated that the guy got a free visa.    I thought it might have been a similar situation. 

I wonder about the motivation if it's happening everywhere.   On one hand I hear people talking about a crackdown and tightening immigration (I personally have seen no evidence of this as I've never been questioned at an airport, etc), on the other hand there's instances like this which seem to encourage people to get tourist visas.

In fact the extension of free visas has now been restricted to a very few countries.

and free SETV's have been available 2 or 3 times but never, AFIK, restricted to being issued in any one country.