Shotgun wedding: man killed after revelers shoot in the air

webfact

Shotgun wedding: man killed after revelers shoot in the air

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CHONBURI: -- A Banglamung villager was killed Sunday when a bullet fired in a wedding procession hit him at his house, it has been claimed.

Now pre-wedding pictures have emerged showing the groom holding guns, Sanook reported.

Thanet Inwong, 36, was killed at his house in Ban Huay Khainao after the wedding procession of the groom heading to his bride's house had passed by.

Police found dozens of 11mm, 9mm and .38 caliber cartridge casings along the route of the procession. And a video confirmed that shooting in the air was taking place.

The video was widely shared on social media which then had further cause for comment when pre-wedding pictures emerged of the groom holding two guns in a "macho man" pose.

Sanook.com said they could not confirm that the guns in the pictures were real. The pictures were accompanied by an invitation to attend the wedding at 9am on Sunday.

Police are investigating the incident but have so far been met with denials from the bride and groom and their families.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-27

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky nobody got killed on the road either....

Yes, TIT and Im sure crap happens OS as well.

But... not to the level of stupidity that can be found here and not just the crime, it seems (seems) its at any level of interaction.

Depending on the evidence, the bride may find herself alone and broke from a criminal complaint, and civil suit naming them both.  A wrongful death legal defense and private investigation is very expensive.

I was at a Funeral in Isaan where they were firing guns in to the air as the body was moved from the house to the Temple. I think  its very common.

This is very practical as you need to scare the spirit of the dead person so he does not linger and cause harm to the bystanders and family, as you said very common, but I do not know about the wedding what you want to scare there?

4 hours ago, roo860 said:

The mentallity of these people is mind boggling!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

no it isnt....they simply dont have any, but this is something you must NEVER forget if  you live here, I am always expecting the stupidest thing in the world to happen next especially  when driving

Don't think the guns in the pre-wedding pic are real.  They look like military grade automatic rifles which are not allowed for civilians in Thailand, although, of course, they could be illegal weapons.  They are more likely airsoft replicas but the gun used to shoot the villager was real enough.