British man, 60, passes out, hits head and dies during boat trip off Phuket

webfact

British man, 60, passes out, hits head and dies during boat trip off Phuket

Eakkapop Thongtub

1488167562_1.jpg

Rescue workers treat the man on the yacht. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtun

PHUKET: -- A 60-year-old British man died yesterday afternoon after falling and hitting his head on a yacht during a visit to Koh Racha Yai.

A medical rescue team from a hotel on Koh Racha Yai received informed yesterday afternoon (Feb 26) that a tourist had fallen down on a yacht and knocked his head leaving him unconscious.

The rescue team arrived at the boat to find a 60-year-old British man (name withheld until his family have been informed) in cardiac arrest.

They administered CPR and contacted the Naval Air Section of the Royal Thai Navy Third Area Command and requested a helicopter be sent to the area to assist in transporting the man to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/british-man-60-passes-out-hits-and-dies-during-boat-trip-off-phuket-61174.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-02-27

The group, including the deceased, went snorkelling and the deceased then returned to the boat where he complained of feeling dizzy. He then passed out, knocked his head and fell unconscious so the medical team were called.
Read more at http://www.thephuketnews.com/british-man-60-passes-out-hits-head-and-dies-during-boat-trip-off-phuket-61174.php#sCXzDIrWTYyW3mvr.99

Yes, seems likely that the fall came as a result of the heart attack.

60... It's far too young to die. But, at least he wasn't just sitting on a bar stool or typing away on a computer... Hmm.

RIP from a fellow 60 year-old Brit.

8 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

I think a seat belt would hold you stationery ergo you would not fall down out or anywheres. If he was mobile then it would be different. 

Good to see you added the last sentence... Makes your comment sensible now

16 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

I think a seat belt would hold you stationery ergo you would not fall down out or anywheres. If he was mobile then it would be different. 

I have never seen a seat belt on a boat. 

They may exist on some craft I guess. 

Sounds like it wouldn't have helped here though. 

RIP