Samui To Bali

juleschester

last time I did samui-bali, it was with a round the world ticket, so no prob. Just change ticket.

This time I want to go independently. Ive checked out the flights and they are a horrendous price.

I guess a boat and bus would be better, but how long does this take.

Does anyone know the best way to get to Bali?

The other alternative is to go to Langkwai, Malaysia. (ive got mates there) for a few days then return to samui then uk.!!!

Have you checked flight prices on Air Asia from KL to Bali. Often have very good prices. Ferry then bus from Samui to KL takes about 15 hours

Silk Air recently had a cheap deal from Singapore to Bali if two are travelling. If that still works, use Air Asia to Singapore....

KL could be a better bet though, as flights from Malaysia to local destinations are often half the price as flights from Singapore.

• 2 weeks later...

Valueair runs cheaply out of sing to denpassar.. I got me and GF out from phuket via tiger, connecting and on a valueair for about 200 USD return per person with taxes !!!

Coming back you have to have about 6 hours overnight in the airport (or run fast to a hotel) which is sucky or you can air asia frrom denpassar to KL, overnight in KL and then air asia to phuket again.. Also very cheap but 1) I have a personal dislike of AA and 2) overnighting in KL is awkward with the airport being out of town that little..

I do phuket changi bali returns personally.. Couple of times a year with the TGF..