Visas available

Could someone tell me the length of tourist visas and can you get extension beyond 2 months and how long must you remain outside Thailand before re-entering

Posted before but can't find

JGV

A single entry tourist visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issue and allows a 60 day entry that can be extended at a immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

A multiple entry tourist visa allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue.

You only need to be out of the country long enough to get a new visa. Or in the case of a multiple entry visa long enough to turnaround and re-enter the country.

So after getting the extension for 30 days I then leave and go to Malaysia and then re-enter at the Satun border a couple of days later thus re-starting another 60 day

What is the maximum visits in one year allowed ?

JGV

So after getting the extension for 30 days I then leave and go to Malaysia and then re-enter at the Satun border a couple of days later thus re-starting another 60 day
JGV

Satun border... how are you planning to get there? It's in the middle of nowhere, not aware of any public transport on the Malaysian or Thai side.

Sent from my y-fronts using Thaivisa Connect

4 minutes ago, JGV said:

JGV

If you had a multiple entry tourist visa you would get a new 60 day entry from the visa as long as you do it before the enter before date on your visa.

If a single entry tourist visa you would only get a 30 day visa exempt entry and you can only get 2 of them per calendar year at a land border crossing.

Years ago I used the train from Penang to Hat Yai and that stopped at the border

Multiple entry tourist visa How does that work?

Apologies for all this but in view of the disastrous exchange rate of the pound it is getting serious about my ability to continue to put enough money in THai banks to get the 1 year retirement visa - one I have had for 10+ years

JGV

Considering alternatives

Thanks

METV can only get from your home country - it requires a job (letter from employer) and many other things, that make it pretty useless.

read up about on the thai embassy uk website.

If you have a kid (?) you can get a multiple entry type O based on being a parent by showing 400k at penang - its half the retirement - so might help, though you'd have to do border runs every 90 days