Can anyonew identify this vacuum pump brass fitting?

attrayant

I am trying to marry my vacuum pump to a vacuum plate & bell jar.  My pump has a strange fitting that I have never seen before, and I am trying to find an adapter that will convert this into a barbed fitting.  Problem is, I don't know the name of this fitting, so I don't now what search terms to use.  Here's what it looks like:

IMG_6385.JPG

I took the pump to several local mom-n-pop hardware shops, but they are clueless.  They have all sorts of brass fittings but nothing that matches this.  Does anyone recognize that fitting and know the name for it?  The opening is beveled, so I'm guessing it's a compression fitting of some sort. 

Start at your local aircon man for a length of copper flared at the end (and the nut), then off you the LPG fitter to find a suitable brass hose-barb.

You'll probably need to do a bit of fettling and soldering.

Have you tried to get a fitting that screws into the pump itself with the angled bit removed? Probably the same sources (Grollies beat me by seconds to this one).

I tried unscrewing that angled fitting.  Even with a long-handled crescent wrench I couldn't get it to budge.  I was worried I'd break the gauge off the pump housing if I tried any harder.

LPG Fitter = the shop that sells and delivers the cooking gas tanks?

That's a strange looking beast! looks like a non-standard SAE type fitting?

Reckon be easiest to take the old fitting out, they have probably used some type of sealant on the threads, try putting a bit of heat on the housing (not the fitting) it will come out!

2.jpg

Success!  With a flame under the aluminum gauge block and an ice cube on the brass fitting, I was finally able to wrench it off.  I nearly had to stand on the wrench, but I did it:

IMG_6388.JPG

Now all I have to do is find one of these:

fitting.jpg

Thanks to all who answered.

Archived