Bomb scare grounds Phuket-bound flight from Sweden

webfact

Bomb scare grounds Phuket-bound flight from Sweden

Phuket Gazette

pkt1.jpeg         

Thai Airways flight TG963 was due to take off from Stockholm Arlanda Airport last night. Photo: Andreas Trepte

STOCKHOLM: Swedish officials are investigating a bomb threat against a Phuket-bound Thai Airways flight at Stockholm Arlanda Airport last night. 

The flight was grounded and all 300 passengers safely evacuated, reports Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet.

The threat was specifically directed toward flight TG963, which was due to take off at 8:45pm, said Sven-Erik Olsson of the Stockholm Police.

A relative of one of the passengers said police arrived as the plane was taxiing toward the runway. A bomb disposal squad arrived shortly after to investigate. 

“We sat on the plane for hours,” said passenger Ulrika Sten, who was heading to Thailand with her family. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Bomb-scare-grounds-Phuketbound-flight-Sweden/66321?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-03-03

This is the plane information courtesy of flightradar 24 on twitter.

It is being inspected today top to bottom for a bomb at Stockholm Airport far away from the other planes and the terminal building.

C5-VZ6jVMAEMtKz.jpg

Edited by tukkytuktuk

Stockholm-Phuket flight delayed due to bomb threat

Matt Pond

1488528133_1-org.jpg

The Phuket bound plane was delayed from take off from Arlanda airport due to a bomb threat. Photo: Aero Icarus from Zürich, Switzerland

PHUKET: -- A Thai Airways flight from Stockholm’s Arlanda airport to Phuket had to be evacuated this morning after a bomb threat was phoned through to the airport.

There were 300 passengers on board the flight that was due to take off at 8:45pm (Swedish time).

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/stockholm-phuket-flight-delayed-due-to-bomb-threat-61238.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-03-03

I google chrome translated a swedish news article. So some details may be mis-translated:-

The information came to the police at 21:33 o'clock on Thursday evening. A flight belonging to Thai Airways had bombhotats, something that newspaper Aftonbladet was the first to report on.Just as the plane was about to taxi out police took the decision to stop the plane from lifting.

- The threat came in to us as second-hand information, that it did not come directly to the police but we learned of the threat, says Sven-Erik Ohlsson, spokesperson for the police Stockholm region.

Thus, if a bomb threat?

- Yes

How were made the threat?

- It has come in as a phone, but not directly to the police, but we have learned it. The threat could not be dismissed as frivolous. But more than that, I can not say, but I must hand over to the investigation.

12 minutes ago, Charlie1 said:

#whathappenedlastnightinsweden?

I think it's an interesting story. A Thai airways jumbo jet targetted by terrorist bombers. Plane being searched in a safe area well away from the main terminal and other planes. This will be on the front page of the post and the nation tomorrow.

@bombindaplane

One week in Thailand destroyed? Please little Ulrika Sten, get to your sences! You have been delayed as much as until the airline could replace the flight with another plane. Please tell me the one with the sheep and the wolf too.

The latest is that Thai airways has told the media that the bomb squad found bo trace of explosives on the plane and it can resume it's journey back to Thailand.

This has been reported for about 4 hours. I am having difficulty finding any proof of this from any other source than Thai Airways.

As far as I can see the plane is still being searched for explosives by the bomb squad using dogs. No official statement from the police or government has been made on the plane being given the all clear.

If anyone can post a link to a credible news source confirming no explosives were found on the plane and the search has ended. Please post a link.