and so it goes

bentarm44

Over the many years I have lived here in Thailand, I have found that most of the sad stories about Thai ladies result from the stupidity of farang men. If a man gets taken to the cleaners by uneducated Thai girls, who is to blame? I said girls because how many beautiful girls are going to be attracted by old farang men? Not that it can't happen but what's the first thing that comes in your mind when you see a young beautiful girl with a scruffy old man? That first thought is normally accurate.

I do know that Thai ladies and girls are excellent actresses. BUT, they can only act for so long. Over time the warts come out. Falling in love in a short time is usually not love. It is lust and an intelligent man should know the difference. Unfortunately many men think with the little head and the big head is not able to override lust.

Long distance relationships seldom work out no matter how hard the farang tries to convince himself that his lady is different. It's no different than your home country. You don't develop a sincere lasting relationship in a month or two especially from long distance. You can't buy a bride and expect it to work out. The very first thing you have to understand is that you don't own your wife.

I have four close farang friends whom I have known for many years. They chose carefully and have been married to the same carefully chosen ladies for more than fifteen years. You don't see them posting on forums. I'm still on my honeymoon. My Thai wife has put up with me for only about thirteen years.

"If a man gets taken to the cleaners by uneducated Thai girls, who is to blame?"

This I feel is the core of the discussion, who knows if a man was 'taken to the cleaners' because he built a 500k house in Isaan, didn't settle in the rural community, actually chose and was quite pleased to move on.

This to me is part of TVisa Farang manThai lady myth. Many farang I know could build several houses in Isaan, still have change, and a valuable regular income.

Some I know left a house in the village, and bought in the city, living with the same girl. Some chose to leave the marital home and live with a new girl.

I just wonder if there are those who gain sense of personal achievement using phrases like 'taken to the cleaners',  somehow basking in the knowledge they were not.

Don't get me wrong, it takes effort and commitment to succeed in Isaan, and credit due to those that do, but this is not enhanced by the failure of others.

Edited by 473geo
clarity

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

"If a man gets taken to the cleaners by uneducated Thai girls, who is to blame?"

This I feel is the core of the discussion, who knows if a man was 'taken to the cleaners' because he built a 500k house in Isaan, didn't settle in the rural community, actually chose and was quite pleased to move on.

This to me is part of TVisa Farang manThai lady myth. Many farang I know could build several houses in Isaan, still have change, and a valuable regular income.

Some I know left a house in the village, and bought in the city, living with the same girl. Some chose to leave the marital home and live with a new girl.

I just wonder if there are those who gain sense of personal achievement using phrases like 'taken to the cleaners',  somehow basking in the knowledge they were not.

Don't get me wrong, it takes effort and commitment to succeed in Isaan, and credit due to those that do, but this is not enhanced by the failure of others.

Exactly.

People come and go for a variety of reasons and it certainly does not have to be an either/or thing.

I,myself,am going to seek treatment for an aggressive cancer that has (unfortunately) come back and is better treated in my home country.That does not make me some kind of"failure" and whilst I have met a number of Isaan ladies that I have placed on the "not memorable" list there are others whose company I found very enjoyable.

I shall probably not miss the interminable karaoke singing but, what the heck, they certainly sing better than in the average Aussie pub.

Some have  been stung,some have made it their home,others roam at will.Best of luck to all of them.

25 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I hope you improve soon and return to a full volume rendition of 'and iaaaayyyy will always love you' :smile:

Well..I have never said that one shouldn't have one's head well and truly screwed on in Isaan...:post-4641-1156694572:...or in any other place if it comes to that.

Yeah,it is amazing how many women love one legged hansum men and I shall miss that.(wry smile)

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity.

Years ago in Chiang Mai I was walking along the street when a really stunning girl pulled up on a motorsi patted the seat and said come with me.

Well we went down a few back streets and I confess I was a little nervous. It was ok we ended up at a hotel.

As she expertly saw to my needs she sang 'and iaaaayyyy will always love you'.

I showered and as we sat in the foyer she paid for the room said her goodbyes and left.

Later I checked my wallet she had taken 1000 baht paid for the room and kept the change, there was still 7000 baht in my wallet.

What a very pleasant enjoyable way to learn a valuable lesson :smile:

And that song will always bring back that memory :smile:

On 3/5/2017 at 3:05 PM, 473geo said:

Years ago in Chiang Mai I was walking along the street when a really stunning girl pulled up on a motorsi patted the seat and said come with me.

Well we went down a few back streets and I confess I was a little nervous. It was ok we ended up at a hotel.

As she expertly saw to my needs she sang 'and iaaaayyyy will always love you'.

I showered and as we sat in the foyer she paid for the room said her goodbyes and left.

Later I checked my wallet she had taken 1000 baht paid for the room and kept the change, there was still 7000 baht in my wallet.

What a very pleasant enjoyable way to learn a valuable lesson :smile:

And that song will always bring back that memory :smile:

Thank you.That is a nice story,a good memory to have and,as you say,taught you a valuable lesson.I have a number of nice memories from here which I will always treasure as well.

There are always different stories and different outlooks. One old guy upcountry married a stunning young gal. He built her a very nice house and bought her a new pickup truck. When the house was built and furnished, she threw him out.

We felt sorry for the old man and asked what he was going to do. He grinned and said that he was going to try to find another one the same as that one. He said it was well worth the money that he spent. He explained that he was an old man and that he had a lot more money to spend before he dies. Things that seem obvious to some people sometimes are not what they seem. As far as we know, he packed up and headed back down to Pattaya. Happy hunting to him.

On 3/5/2017 at 0:19 AM, Patriot said:

I'm well respected in my village. The children call me "loong kee mao" which I believe to mean "really nice guy" and throw pebbles at me when walking past which is, I've been told, a mark of respect

Now, that's funny.