Motorcycle seat recover

deadbeat

This is from another forum and I have no experience with them, but it's a recent post (from last month) and worth a look if you can't find anywhere else:

Re: Seat recovering Chiangmai

I did my seat in CM last year at a shop thats called Bang ho upholster on the north Thailand GPS Map .
Its south of the Moat on Wua Lai street about 500 -800m from the junction with the moat.
On the right side of the road when you come from the Moat .

Perfect job

And just along from Rimping near the Iron bridge is another guy that recovers and puts new/extra padding on bike seats.

Did a great job on my CRF. Bog standard seat was a pain in the rear.....thicker and wider foam sorted that out.

Just about anywhere you see bike seats hanging up on display is where you will find the upholsterer.

I had one of my bikes recovered and if I rub a tissue across the seat it picks up black dirt from the material. Have to rub the seat before I ride it, every ride. Low quality material / material dye.

Anyone else have this problem? Not sure if I should risk going to another shop or just buy a new one from the manufacturer.

Strange....Never had that problem. I'd either go to a different place and get it recovered or buy one of those inexpensive mess type covers.

They are only about 150 baht at the Honda spare parts place just before McComack hospital.  Suppiah Panich or something like that.  Great shop for aftermarket goodies.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

I GOT MY SEAT DONE FROM THE MAN NEAR THE IRON BRIDGE.I WOULD GO BACK TO HIM FOR FUTURE WORK

He's done 3 for me and I wouldn't go to anyone else. He takes his time and does high quality work. A real craftsman.

David

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone.

My name is Roberto, Italian and living in HK.

I'm part of a large community of motorcycle riders here and would like to know if you can help me get in contact with any of these shops you are talking about, that might offer international shipping or, even better, online service.

It doesn't have to be in CM, i'm looking for Thai shops that do custom seats and bike parts, that also offer the services mentioned above.

Would really appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Roberto.

• 2 months later...

I need to add padding to the seat and went to the shop on Chiang Noi Rd. But they only do seat covers and declined.

Since someone said the shop near Rimping is closed, is there another shop that will do a decent job?

Appreciate any information.

• 3 months later...
On 11/9/2017 at 8:05 AM, Kiniyeow said:

The guy by the Iron Bridge/Rimping has moved.  Don't know where he moved to though.

He has moved out on Charoen Muang Road. Not sure of the exact place but I seem to remember it is past the train station. Found the location information on GT-Riders.

Here is the Google Maps link.

Also, here is the map the owner made. 

David

Seat shop.jpg

Edited by Genericnic
  • Like 1