Will The First Person..........

The 90 days is almost up, on this and other forums posters have been thinking of ways to circumvent the new regulations. There have been schemes suggested that are either illegal, dubious or just stupid. There has been a suggestion that the new regulations are not workable so you can "carry on as usual with your visa runs but I am not brave enough to try it, I've just changed my visa." Get a duplicate passport - that'll work, really?

So will the first person who successfully gets into Thailand with continual visa-run entries exceeding more than 90 days after the October start date or using a duplicate (not a genuine lost/replaced passport) please post here to tell others in the same situation how it was done?

You are here as guests in Thailand and although you may not agree with the laws, you have to abide by them.

There has been a suggestion that the new regulations are not workable so you can "carry on as usual with your visa runs but I am not brave enough to try it, I've just changed my visa."

I assume you're referring to my earlier post. I should clarify that I think in the long term the new regulations won't work. I would give the rules maybe 6 months before they start being ignored at borders.

As for January/February, I think the rules will be enforced as nearly as they can. In my opinion it would be stupid to attempt a border crossing after your 90 days are up. Give it time, the rules will pass. But for now, get yourself sorted out with a proper visa. I should have been more specific.

I would also love to see a post from a successul visarunner after Jan 1st.

The 90 days is almost up, on this and other forums posters have been thinking of ways to circumvent the new regulations. There have been schemes suggested that are either illegal, dubious or just stupid. There has been a suggestion that the new regulations are not workable so you can "carry on as usual with your visa runs but I am not brave enough to try it, I've just changed my visa." Get a duplicate passport - that'll work, really?

So will the first person who successfully gets into Thailand with continual visa-run entries exceeding more than 90 days after the October start date or using a duplicate (not a genuine lost/replaced passport) please post here to tell others in the same situation how it was done?

You are here as guests in Thailand and although you may not agree with the laws, you have to abide by them.

Commonsense and well said.