Saved turtles gifted US Embassy playground

rooster59

Saved turtles gifted US Embassy playground

By The Nation

eebd196c6cb274d8471c698813177990-sld.jpeg

Eighty-nine freshwater turtles were released to roam free inside the American ambassador’s residence compound after they were rescued from temple ponds that are in poor condition.

The released marked World Wildlife Day Friday.

The 22 rai (3.5 hectare) compound is a good environment for the turtles with plenty of food for them.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30307952

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-04

Last week i took a late-evening walk around the lake...then my wife spotted a huge turtle which we had never seen before here in the moobaan. I tried to make a picture of it but when it saw me it spurted away and made a long dive into the lake.

It was superfast, never knew turtles can sprint that fast. It also jumped before diving in the lake and was airborn for about a meter before splashing loud in the water.

It was about 60 cm long and had a very long neck.

17 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

Who is applauding who? 

Should read. Who is applauding whom. Sorry, you are truly just another Farang. Even the US gets it right every now and again. They did a good deed and should be applauded on this issue of saving some wildlife.

On 3/4/2017 at 10:10 PM, fruitman said:

Last week i took a late-evening walk around the lake...then my wife spotted a huge turtle which we had never seen before here in the moobaan. I tried to make a picture of it but when it saw me it spurted away and made a long dive into the lake.

It was superfast, never knew turtles can sprint that fast. It also jumped before diving in the lake and was airborn for about a meter before splashing loud in the water.

It was about 60 cm long and had a very long neck.

You had some mushroom before your evening walk.....

3 minutes ago, ikke said:

You had some mushroom before your evening walk.....

Or perhaps you have never seen any wildlife in your short term on this earth. Some land tortoises can move very quickly over short distances. I don't know about the metre leap, but perhaps dropping from the bank to the water made it appear like this. Either way, it is a good news story and no need for demeaning the poster