Non B Visa Question

I am currently on a non b visa but will have to quit my teaching job before the visa runs out due to circumstances beyond my control. When I quit the job does my employer have to cancel my visa or can I stay in Thailand on it? Also, is it possible to purchase an entry stamp on a non b visa? Thanks.

If you are on a 90 day permitted to stay entry you can stay until the date indicated - but if you are on an extension of stay from immigration you will have to leave after your work permit is canceled.

I have no idea what you are asking when you say "purchase an entry stamp". If you have a multi entry non immigrant B visa that is still valid you would be able to return using it if that is the question.

If you are on a 90 day permitted to stay entry you can stay until the date indicated - but if you are on an extension of stay from immigration you will have to leave after your work permit is canceled.

I have no idea what you are asking when you say "purchase an entry stamp". If you have a multi entry non immigrant B visa that is still valid you would be able to return using it if that is the question.

Got a question about this (still confused after reading a few posts related to this)..

I have accepted a new job that will commence next month.

I currently hold a Non-Imm B (1 year, multiple entry) with WP from current company. Once I sumbit my WP to my current employer, do I have only 7 days till I get the new WP with new co.? Do I need to leave TH? As I have the Non-Imm B Visa I do not wish to go out of the country, but wondering if that would still be valid.

Edited by hUsh

Got a question about this (still confused after reading a few posts related to this)..

I currently hold a Non-Imm B (1 year, multiple entry) with WP from current company. Once I sumbit my WP to my current employer, do I have only 7 days till I get the new WP with new co.? Do I need to leave TH? As I have the Non-Imm B Visa I do not wish to go out of the country, but wondering if that would still be valid.

From what I understand, according to Sunbelt and Lopburi in previous posts:

If you got the full one year from a Thai embassy abroad, then it's valid even if you lose your job, and you do not need to leave Thailand in 7 days.

HOWEVER, if you got a 90 day Non-B from a Thai Embassy abroad, and then you extended it to a 1-year multiple by going to Thai immigration inside thailand, then you will have to leave thailand in 7 days if you lose your job.

That's just what I understand, you may ask Sunbelt or Lopburi for clarification.

Cheers,

Junkofdavid2

If you got the full one year from a Thai embassy abroad, then it's valid even if you lose your job, and you do not need to leave Thailand in 7 days.

HOWEVER, if you got a 90 day Non-B from a Thai Embassy abroad, and then you extended it to a 1-year multiple by going to Thai immigration inside thailand, then you will have to leave thailand in 7 days if you lose your job.

That's just what I understand, you may ask Sunbelt or Lopburi for clarification.

Cheers,

Junkofdavid2

ohno :o anyone can clarify that? as i got my 1 year extension here in TH.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers,

Junkofdavid2

ohno :oanyone can clarify that? as i got my 1 year extension here in TH.

This is correct. You will have 7 days to leave the country after you turn in your work permit.

I understand the rules in same way as junkofdavid... However, depending on your timeframe, everything might not be lost. It is possible to apply for and get the second WP while you still have the first one.

In the old days before Oct 1st, this was correct. It is no longer possible unless your company is BOI.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com