Extension renewal/90 day report

My retirement extension expires March 29, so I will go to CW and renew sometime the prior week. My last entry into Thailand was January 26 of this year, so my 90 day report is due about April 25.  

Does renewing the extension reset the clock for the 90 day report or will I still have to come on the April date,  90 days since my last entry?

Edited by dddave

20 minutes ago, dddave said:

Does renewing the extension reset the clock for the 90 day report or will I still have to come on the April date,  90 days since my last entry?

Only your first extension resets the clock. You will have to do you your 90 day report in April.

7 minutes ago, dddave said:

Interesting that an entry into Thailand resets the clock but a renewal does not.

It is actually your departure from the country that resets it since that ends the 90 consecutive days in the country.

The above afivice is correct, however, immigration officers have been known to reset the 90 day report when processing an extension of stay. If that happens they will issue a new report slip giving the next 90 day report date. Otherwise stick to the existing April date.