Thai university to set up tourism school in Siem Reap

geovalin

Thailand’s Rajamangala University of Technology plans to set up a tourism and hospitality institute in Siem Reap province to build the capacity of Cambodians working in the tourism sector. The announcement was made yesterday at the signing of a memorandum of understanding between the university and the Ministry of Tourism.

“Once in operation, the institute will welcome Cambodian students and tour guides to be enrolled for courses that will focus on the tourism and hospitality sectors,” said Prasert Pinpathomrat, president of Rajamangala University. “Since Cambodia’s tourism and hospitality industry is suffering from a shortage of qualified personnel, we would like to take this great opportunity to assist and develop human resources in Cambodia,” added Mr. Prasert.

“Our trainees will acquire industry skills that meet Asean standards.” Minister of Tourism Thong Khon welcomed the university’s institute and said it would contribute towards improving services in the country’s tourism sector.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/36200/thai-university-to-set-up-tourism-school/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 08/03

the worst country in tourism staff education want to support cambodia, wow!!!

so we see the staff in Cambodia sitting around, paying with smart phone, not coming to work, 

refusing overtime work, unable to learn proper English or other main foreign languages,

BTW how they want to teach in Cambodia?

14 hours ago, outsider said:

First class, first lesson - 'Scamming 101'

you may be surprised, but the Cambodians won't need such lessons as they are actually "on par" with their Thai counterparts in that respect, particularly in Siem Reap

2 hours ago, siam2007 said:

you may be surprised, but the Cambodians won't need such lessons as they are actually "on par" with their Thai counterparts in that respect, particularly in Siem Reap

I see. Thanks for the heads-up. I've never been to Cambodia, but it's a place I may want to visit in one of my future trips. Will keep a lookout. Cheers.

2 hours ago, siam2007 said:

Absolutely right, the Cambodians in Siem Reap leave Thais standing for level of service, including command and application of English.  Reasons......  they have an appetite to learn and are well trained.

On 10/03/2017 at 2:49 PM, outsider said:

I see. Thanks for the heads-up. I've never been to Cambodia, but it's a place I may want to visit in one of my future trips. Will keep a lookout. Cheers.

You absolutely should.

Siem Reap is actually pleasant, and I am sure I don't need to elaborate how amazing Angkor Wat is. Though I tend to avoid the peak season. Standard of hospitality in relation to the price you pay is excellent, and most places go the extra mile for their guests (e.g. free Airport pick-up) as competition is strong.

If you don't lose your common sense as a traveler and do proper homework before your trip, it is easy to avoid the scams. Personally, I would say that scams are more prevalent in Pnomh Penh, and street crime after sunset is ripe (Motocy-bag-snatchers, don't resist if they try to rob you if you value your life)

Edited by siam2007