Superrich to double exchange outlets to over 25

snoop1130

Superrich to double exchange outlets to over 25

By The Nation

Money exchange provider Superrich Thailand has announced a five-year business plan to double its exchange outlets to more than 25.

The expansion plan is aimed at cashing in on the growth of the tourism industry, which could reach about Bt2.7 trillion in total revenue in 2017.

Thanattzalin Susamawathanakun, the company’s managing director for corporate development, said an influx of travellers with premium tour packages was expected to spur demand for foreign exchange services and the company's income.

Full Story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30308325

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-8

I'm not very smart.  if I go to super rich to really save money. I stay in Thailand for mmonths. and usually bring cash over.........its a crapshoot when to exhange the money but i think in general do it in November versus march?  in november the rate is better for me?  

Edited by yogavnture

2 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

how much money can u save by lets say getting ten baht per dollar extra.

At least you can save the 220 baht atm-fee for every 10.000 baht transaction. I hate to see governments/banks steal money from me.

Also superrich gives a better rate than any other thai bank.

The fact superrich is doubling their outlets tells me the Chinese also don't like to use atm-machines to get ripped off by the Thai banks. Malaysia doesn't have the 220 baht fee at all. It's pure theft from the greedy Thai.

Just now, fruitman said:

At least you can save the 220 baht atm-fee for every 10.000 baht transaction. I hate to see governments/banks steal money from me.

The fact superrich is doubling their outlets tells me the Chinese also don't like to use atm-machines to get ripped off by the Thai banks. Malaysia doesn't have the 220 baht fee at all. It's pure theft from the greedy Thai.

I never use the atm anymore.   but the question is how much money would I save on 1000 dollars exhanged. if I get 1 baht more per dollar...hey that's 1000 baht!

28 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

I never use the atm anymore.   but the question is how much money would I save on 1000 dollars exhanged. if I get 1 baht more per dollar...hey that's 1000 baht!

1000 us$ is 35000 baht....you would have to do 3-4 transactions to get that out of the atm so you would loose 3-4 times 220 baht transactioncosts to start with. Plus 3-4 times 100 baht costs to your own bank.

Currency

Denom

Buy

Sell

No Picture

USD

United States

No Picture
100 35.25 35.30

SCB-bank

US DOLLAR $50-$100 USD 35.46 35.58 35.16 35.06 34.96 34.88
Edited by fruitman

1 hour ago, yogavnture said:

I'm not very smart.  if I go to super rich to really save money. I stay in Thailand for mmonths. and usually bring cash over.........its a crapshoot when to exhange the money but i think in general do it in November versus march?  in november the rate is better for me?  

If I knew future exchange rates I would be a very rich man. Nobody can predict it so do not listen to any "clever" hints.

But at Super Rich and Twelve Victory you get the best rates while the head offices are slightly better.

Which Super Rich are we talking about? There is Orange and Green, after the company split. Green are less common but have a better rate. I changed money at Swampy airport this week as their website showed their rate at the airport was the same as at Emporium downtown. Their head office has an even better rate.

http://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

1000 us$ is 35000 baht....you would have to do 3-4 transactions to get that out of the atm so you would loose 3-4 times 220 baht transactioncosts to start with. Plus 3-4 times 100 baht costs to your own bank.

Currency

Denom

Buy

Sell

No Picture

USD

United States

No Picture
100 35.25 35.30

SCB-bank

US DOLLAR $50-$100 USD 35.46 35.58 35.16 35.06 34.96 34.88

The bank machines (Krungsri) allow me to withdraw 30K Baht at a transaction. If I have

to use a machine I use one of these. My home bank does not charge me a foreign transaction

fee. All that said I prefer to bring a wad of cash from home. Thailand allows 20K USD before

having to inform customs.

34 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Which Super Rich are we talking about? There is Orange and Green, after the company split. Green are less common but have a better rate. I changed money at Swampy airport this week as their website showed their rate at the airport was the same as at Emporium downtown. Their head office has an even better rate.

http://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/

I didn't know that there are 2. I use the one around the corner from Big C, opposite the far end of CentralWorld...the rates are ok and they are efficient.its orange coloured,

Edited by Prbkk

On 09/03/2017 at 9:31 AM, fruitman said:

But not those small booths at Malls or BTS stations. Their rates are barely different than the ones offered by bank booths.

Only the HQ rates are really excellent. Most people have no clue about that though and mob the superrich outlets everywhere.

Then again, the NATION did not report WHICH of the many "superriches" is the one that wants to expand ?

The genuine superrich1965 ? or the superrichthai version (both owners are same family). Or the Grand Superrich ? or or or......

33 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

But not those small booths at Malls or BTS stations. Their rates are barely different than the ones offered by bank booths.

Only the HQ rates are really excellent. Most people have no clue about that though and mob the superrich outlets everywhere.

Then again, the NATION did not report WHICH of the many "superriches" is the one that wants to expand ?

The genuine superrich1965 ? or the superrichthai version (both owners are same family). Or the Grand Superrich ? or or or......

Yes i agree, there are many superrich exchangers.....the real one should sue the other copycats.

On 10/03/2017 at 1:15 PM, fruitman said:

Yes i agree, there are many superrich exchangers.....the real one should sue the other copycats.

The genuine orange Superrich and the green Superrich are same family. They split years ago. While I prefer the orange Superrich and will always use them if I have a chance to, the green Superrich is definitely more on the ball in terms of marketing, website maintenance and business development

Just now, siam2007 said:

The genuine orange Superrich and the green Superrich are same family. They split years ago. While I prefer the orange Superrich and will always use them if I have a chance to, the green Superrich is definitely more on the ball in terms of marketing, website maintenance and business development

I even have seen "superrich park" which is a new condominium along the purple line....but i didn't see a park at all from out of the skytrain 55555...guess it's only the name which attracts thai..."i live in superrich condo" !!! Au lohh?! you must be so rich! Will you be my friend? And even the condo's look very small and the building stands on very thin legs.

Anyway, one of them should change the name into very rich or whatever..i saw one of their branches in Chinatown today but don't know which one it was.

On 3/8/2017 at 6:33 PM, yogavnture said:

I never use the atm anymore.   but the question is how much money would I save on 1000 dollars exchanged. if I get 1 baht more per dollar...hey that's 1000 baht!

I have found that the differences between any of the money exchanges and banks tends to be measured in sataang and not in baat. Thus, for me, convenience outweighs exchange rates for amounts in the $1,000 range.  But I go to Superrich, or its local competitor, before my local bank because I can get in and out in a few minutes whereas my local bank it can easily take up to 30 minutes. Now if I was exchanging serious amounts of money then I would shop around for the best rate.

9 hours ago, Johpa said:

I have found that the differences between any of the money exchanges and banks tends to be measured in sataang and not in baat. Thus, for me, convenience outweighs exchange rates for amounts in the $1,000 range. 

spread at Superrich HQ for the US$: 0.2 - 0.3%

spread at any Bank: 3% at least.

Assuming you change 1.000$, that would be 27-28$ you get more from Superrich

not exactly to be measured in "satang"..... or if measured satang, it's rather a LOT of satang......

3 hours ago, siam2007 said:

not exactly to be measured in "satang"..... or if measured satang, it's rather a LOT of satang......

We always went to superrich in Central Chidlom, for the extra "satangs" we went eating there, MOS-burgers or Mixed grill.....all from the free satangs.

The banks make it such a dreadfull procedure to change money, they even ask for phonenumber, address and so on....get tired of being treated like a criminal and they even can't speak a word english as well..

Moneychangers rule!

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:29 PM, Ulic said:

The bank machines (Krungsri) allow me to withdraw 30K Baht at a transaction. If I have

to use a machine I use one of these. My home bank does not charge me a foreign transaction

fee. All that said I prefer to bring a wad of cash from home. Thailand allows 20K USD before

having to inform customs.

where are u from .  you are hiding 20k under your pillow. whats your address?  but seriously,,, usa only allows 10k exported money.. they have dogs that are good at smelling money.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:11 PM, jaiyen said:

Dont forget that Vasu Exchange on the corner of Suk Soi 7 is often a bit better than Super Rich

if you get one baht more per dollar then 1000 dollars I get 1000 baht more.............ok I will use super rich. I just went to the one around corner from big c..  their seems to be about 10 different exchange rate shops in that area with exact same rates.  

23 hours ago, yogavnture said:

if you get one baht more per dollar then 1000 dollars I get 1000 baht more.............ok I will use super rich. I just went to the one around corner from big c..  their seems to be about 10 different exchange rate shops in that area with exact same rates.  

If you r talking about the BigC opposite Central World, then you made a good decision because around the corner is indeed one of the two HQ's of the genuine Superrich

On ‎9‎-‎3‎-‎2017 at 3:31 AM, fruitman said:

Actualy from personal experience that is NOT always true. Remember Superrich updates their rates also on saturday whilst the major Thai banks do not. Therefore, I have had at least two occasions where SCB for instance gave a better rate as Superrich on a saturday, simply because SCB's rate was the friday rate, and superrich lowered the rate on saturday.

7 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Actualy from personal experience that is NOT always true. Remember Superrich updates their rates also on saturday whilst the major Thai banks do not. Therefore, I have had at least two occasions where SCB for instance gave a better rate as Superrich on a saturday, simply because SCB's rate was the friday rate, and superrich lowered the rate on saturday.

That might be true but might also be a few years ago.

I remember i had to exchange a large amount of euro's one day....checked the banks' websites and thai millitairy bank gave the best rate so we went there...while in their building there was a different rate on the screen as on their website (i checked it online)...so i'll never go back to them.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

That might be true but might also be a few years ago.

I remember i had to exchange a large amount of euro's one day....checked the banks' websites and thai millitairy bank gave the best rate so we went there...while in their building there was a different rate on the screen as on their website (i checked it online)...so i'll never go back to them.

Strange, as in my experience (as recent as a few months back) SCB at least uses the exact same rates as on their website, at least in the places I have been. With the exception of the airport, where they use a rip-off rate that is usually 2 baht to the Euro less (same for Khasikhorn by the way).

From what I find online the current difference between Bangkok Bank and Superrich is 40 sataang. If both were within walking distance I would walk to Superrich. But if the bank was within walking distance and Superrich was not I would not hesitate to exchange at the bank all other considerations being equal.

Happy Trails

I love superrich.  Always worth going there over my local bank.

Has anyone ever reported bringing in more than 20k to customs?  Just wondering what they do.  I would be too nervous telling anyone i have that much cash on me.

• 4 weeks later...

They useless for large amounts. Just back from bkk. Had mix currencies worth 2mil thb.
They said no money, and refused me, went opposite to orange Supperrich same thing. Changed nothing. I went all the way from Pattaya.
So they might be good for 500usd but then again why u bother? I change that locally save hassle and travel. Get the same.
And its second time it happened to me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk