Coffee at Big C, Pattaya Klang

Spaniel

For those that frequent the Big C on Pattaya Klang then you are probably familiar with the coffee shop near the entrance to the supermarket and near the True office.    I'm sure it has a name but I don't recall it.     Many times I had wanted to stop for a coffee there but the place was always packed  with old geysers  (like myself)  so never got to give the place a try until last week.     I had a hot latte which was excellent for B40.     Give it a try if you can find a seat.

OK, good report. Got an americano there years ago and it was pretty awful. Will try it again. Although, as noted, it's always very busy, which is a good sign, However, for me, the best coffee is at Black Canyon. A bit pricey (55 or 65 baht, can't remember) but it's very rich and is good till the last drop.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

15 minutes ago, balo said:

Its a hit or a miss really .  I prefer the coffee I make at home. 

Agreed. If I had a coffee machine at home I'd never go out ???

It's quite tricky getting the right combination of a good quality latte, air conditioning, WiFi, service and price.

2 hours ago, gerrygoat said:

Excellent I agree, I use it regularly but I think you will find the hot latte is 60 Baht 

You're probably right.    40 bhat for a great latte sounds to good.

1 hour ago, Spaniel said:

You're probably right.    40 bhat for a great latte sounds to good.

We had one in Big C Xtra 2-3 years ago , next to the food court , but the owner moved out .

The new owner took over and didn't know how to make a decent espresso or latte so the business went down like a rock.   I tried one cup and never again . 

7 hours ago, NormanW said:

Agreed. If I had a coffee machine at home I'd never go out ???

It's quite tricky getting the right combination of a good quality latte, air conditioning, WiFi, service and price.

There's more to drinking coffee at a coffee shop than the coffee. It's a place to relax while your wife shops.

It's not tricky at all finding a good latte. If you don't like these, try Black Canyon.

12 hours ago, balo said:

We had one in Big C Xtra 2-3 years ago , next to the food court , but the owner moved out .

The new owner took over and didn't know how to make a decent espresso or latte so the business went down like a rock.   I tried one cup and never again . 

Was the one before called Yes Coffee? It was very decent. Now, it's crap under the new owner. 

13 hours ago, tropo said:

There's more to drinking coffee at a coffee shop than the coffee. It's a place to relax while your wife shops.

Exactly. Expresso's only 40 baht and it's quite OK. Not bad for people watching too, out there in the center. Even ran into the former owner of Chevin Gym there, Duncan, whom I hadn't seen in many years.

8 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Was the one before called Yes Coffee? It was very decent. Now, it's crap under the new owner. 

It's still there - same name. I had a cappuccino there last week. I won't be having another.

8 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Was the one before called Yes Coffee? It was very decent.

Yes that's right , it was a nice lady running it but she sold the business and the new owner kept the name , "Yes" can not be recommended anymore , it's actually quite terrible,

30 minutes ago, balo said:

Yes that's right , it was a nice lady running it but she sold the business and the new owner kept the name , "Yes" can not be recommended anymore , it's actually quite terrible,

LOL> You had ONE coffee there too? My cappuccino was a cup of foam. She's in a great location, but very quiet. You'd think someone would be honest with her so she could learn the right way to make coffee and of course, some money.

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL> You had ONE coffee there too? My cappuccino was a cup of foam. She's in a great location, but very quiet. You'd think someone would be honest with her so she could learn the right way to make coffee and of course, some money.

Yes I agree although some people are unable to listen to suggestions. 

I wonder if she is open to actually making money???

3 minutes ago, NormanW said:

Yes I agree although some people are unable to listen to suggestions. 

I wonder if she is open to actually making money???

She seems to have a pleasant personality - a good start. All she has to do is learn how to make coffee and she'll be on her way.:smile: 

3 hours ago, tropo said:

It's still there - same name. I had a cappuccino there last week. I won't be having another.

If the Cappu is not your taste, try the pretty decent MANGO SMOOTHIE. Costs 65 Baht and the percentage of actual fruit seems quite high. Tell them MAI WAAN MAAK to avoid a liquid sugar orgy

33 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

If the Cappu is not your taste, try the pretty decent MANGO SMOOTHIE. Costs 65 Baht and the percentage of actual fruit seems quite high. Tell them MAI WAAN MAAK to avoid a liquid sugar orgy

Thanks for the tip, but I never buy smoothies. I drink too many protein smoothies at home with fresh and frozen fruit and no added sugar.

Yes, the coffee shop next to DTAC  and True.

I've had some good coffee thre and I've had some bad coffee. They probably needed to clean the espresso machine last time I went, it was too bitter.

Yes, the coffee shop next to DTAC  and True.

I've had some good coffee thre and I've had some bad coffee. They probably needed to clean the espresso machine last time I went, it was too bitter.