Change in marriage psperwork

Harveyboy

Hi I got married a month ago went thru all the legal stuff bkk embassy all paperwork translated  all sorted ..as I thought. A few days ago we went armed with.all the docs to the Ampur to register only to be told all papereork must be now sent back to bkk then wait for it to come back to Ampur before registration apparently new law last month she said. So what was all the time and money I spent getting it done officially if it has to be done again perhsps this might be of use to anyone getting hitched in the near future  .......Ampur Phetchabun 

Just now, happylarry said:

You said you had the paperwork translated but did not mention getting it legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, so did you get it stamped at the MFA in the first place?

HL

Yes mate all done MFA all done in fact told this was all now legal to register just go along to Ampur easy ..not .   

Ok, so you haven't got married at all yet then.

The village wedding is just a party for show but is not legal at all.

You can only get married at the Amphur which is where you register all your paperwork and get your marriage certificate presented.

Sorry I don't know about this new rule they are talking about but if I was you I would just go to a different Amphur and get married there. I am sure if something new had come out then we would have heard about it on here so it's just one person being obstropulous I reckon. Use a different Amphur!

HL

2 minutes ago, happylarry said:

Ok, so you haven't got married at all yet then.

The village wedding is just a party for show but is not legal at all.

You can only get married at the Amphur which is where you register all your paperwork and get your marriage certificate presented.

Sorry I don't know about this new rule they are talking about but if I was you I would just go to a different Amphur and get married there. I am sure if something new had come out then we would have heard about it on here so it's just one person being obstropulous I reckon. Use a different Amphur!

HL

The officer there is a good friend of my wife who also works for the government. Fair play she took the paperwork and is dealing with it  sending it government class or whatever and sorting it for us  she will call my wife when paperwork is returned but million per cent said registration laws for marriage recently.changed .so just waiting now 

2 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

The officer there is a good friend of my wife who also works for the government. Fair play she took the paperwork and is dealing with it  sending it government class or whatever and sorting it for us  she will call my wife when paperwork is returned but million per cent said registration laws for marriage recently.changed .so just waiting now 

I will post any.news on here as soon as I have back paperwork and see whst it was all about 

6 hours ago, jerojero said:

Marriage registration laws have changed? And this is the first anyone's heard about it? Something's amiss here. Think you're being played, for some reason.

Cant see why ..nothing for them to gain I could understand if they said ok pay 1000 baht for work or something but no charge no gain at all for ampur only more work for them officer polite no hassle dont know just told paperwork changed   ill know next week I hope exactly what ill post asap.

5 hours ago, silverado said:

do you know where exactly in bangkok paperwork must be sent back ?????

do you know for make what ????

Consular I think she said hopefully ill be able to post more mext week hope to have paperwork back then 

7 minutes ago, mick01827 said:

Hi Harveyboy,

Thanks for the post, I'm getting married in December so I'll look into what you've said. Can I ask how long the paperwork process took up until arriving at the amphur.

5 days in total from going to bkk getting translations getting it stamped MFA ect  can be done in ,1 day the process is easy I hsd a lot of good advice and help from people here on TV

2 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

5 days in total from going to bkk getting translations getting it stamped MFA ect  can be done in ,1 day the process is easy I hsd a lot of good advice and help from people here on TV

Thanks, I spoke to my gf, apparently if you'd of got married in bkk there wouldn't of been a problem it was because you got married outside of bkk

2 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

Thanks, I spoke to my gf, apparently if you'd of got married in bkk there wouldn't of been a problem it was because you got married outside of bkk

13 hours ago, mick01827 said:

Did you have to prebook appointments at the embassy and MFA?

Yes just go on line  book appointment easy get paperwork in order they ask for ..print off standard form ..fill it in take it with you ..after go local  translator loads there. ..then go or let the translator company do the work they visit mfa get it all stamped and send it back  all done 

13 hours ago, mick01827 said:

Thanks mate but it should not mske any difference .many op on here have done the same once you have paperwork from MFA its legal all over so many of the people who contacted me when I was doing this told me  good luck if you need more info let me know 

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

Yes just go on line  book appointment easy get paperwork in order they ask for ..print off standard form ..fill it in take it with you ..after go local  translator loads there. ..then go or let the translator company do the work they visit mfa get it all stamped and send it back  all done 

Brilliant thanks for the advice 

Archived