DSI Declares End to Dhammakaya Search

rooster59

You really have to wonder...

1. Are the government, the police and the DSI so totally and completely inept and incompetent?

or

2. As some have suggested above, it was all a big show of pretense and they really didn't actually want to have to capture the guy in the first place -- just be seen trying to?

Is it possible the Beatles were referring to the DSI when they penned these famous lyrics?

What have I done to deserve such a fate?
I realize I have left it too late
And so it's true pride comes before a fall
I'm telling you so that you won't lose all

I'm a loser
And I lost someone who's near to me
I'm a loser
And I'm not what I appear to be

They never intended to catch him, just like they never intended to put Thaksin behind bars. They need him as a symbol of the perverted freedom the country was allowed back when the military was on the sidelines rather than running the show. Catch him and suddenly he gets sympathy and they look like bullies.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I think someone told Prayut and Prawit to stand down?

They sort of stepped in it.  Regardless of alleged guilt of the Dhammakaya, the junta in its jackboots pushing around the monks and the failed game of cat and mouse, it was just getting too embarrassing.  The adult in the room probably just decided it was better to walk away from the fiasco.  Time is always on the side of law enforcement if somebody actual knows anything about law enforcement. 

A simply appalling waste of  the Thai's population's taxes.

Their was never any intention of arresting this criminal, just a normal day in Thailand.

The nation of lies, bullshit and smoke and mirrors.

Not much of a waste of taxes really. They're paying all these people anyway. Doing this crazy job just keeps them occupied, otherwise they'd be doing nothing or maybe other wild goose chases.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

1. Are the government, the police and the DSI so totally and completely inept and incompetent?

or

2. As some have suggested above, it was all a big show of pretense and they really didn't actually want to have to capture the guy in the first place -- just be seen trying to?

No 2 is the correct answer.

Because:

cards.jpg

Edited by Enoon

Given that the country is ruled by a military junta at gun point, condemned by international human rights organizations, prosecutes dissenters, has no free press, the DSI attempt to claim rule of law or some moral high ground is ludicrous. 

21 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

Given that the country is ruled by a military junta at gun point, condemned by international human rights organizations, prosecutes dissenters, has no free press, the DSI attempt to claim rule of law or some moral high ground is ludicrous. 

Well I have to give credit for Thai military junta at least if you are famous Thai suspect they give you the chance to disappear not locked up for good also not to issue a warrant for your arrest internationally .

Edited by redwinecheese

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

or

Just another Tiger Temple Story Saga ....

• 2 weeks later...