Drug squad set to grill actress ‘Patt’

rooster59

Drug squad set to grill actress ‘Patt’

By CHAROONROJ THIEWPHAINGAM
THE SUNDAY NATION

73735cec6445c86ca447820db0c4ac4c.jpeg

The actress with her husband and their baby.

ACTRESS Napapa “Patt” Tantrakul will meet police at the Narcotics Suppression Bureau (NSB) in Bangkok later this week to provide information about her assets and various incomes, NSB deputy chief Pol Maj-General Chatri Paisalsilpa said yesterday.

A police source said they want to know the origin of Bt30 million in her bank account and if her sources of income were linked with any illegal activity, plus if she knew anything of her husband’s alleged money-laundering.

Her husband, motorbike racing star Akarakit “Benz Racing” Worarojcharoendet, has been charged with conspiracy and money laundering. He has been released on bail, which was granted on the |condition that he does not leave |the country without court permission. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30308723

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-12

You'd think acting job in Thailand is such a lucrative job with 30

millions in the bank, I should have sent my 2 kids to acting school

instead to earn a degree in medicine and physics,, silly me...

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Her husband, motorbike racing star ...

RACING STAR? Really? Anyone NOT a 'star' of whatever kind here in the LOL?!

Uups, i stand corrected, she on the other hand is obviously just a 'normal' actress ... 

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A police source said they want to know the origin of Bt30 million in her bank account and if her sources of income were linked with any illegal activity,

There are a couple of others who should face these questions.

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

An actress with 30 million Bath. To me that sounds quite normal.

Absolutely..  Adam Woodyatt of Eastenders fame has more than that, and he's utter pants!!

To me, a motorbike racing star is someone who can get from On Nut to Udom Suk in under 3 minutes, on a Scoopy i.  

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

"police might apply for a warrant for her arrest"

Does this really mean anything ? 

How many have been issued in other cases, with no consequence ?

Sounds impressive. 30 million in the bank hmm. She is an actress and he is a professional bike rider not out of the realm of possibility. Peel off a couple mil problem solved. Now on to asking how much the good general is worth and how he accumulated his wealth. A real walk on the dark side. 

2 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

RACING STAR? Really? Anyone NOT a 'star' of whatever kind here in the LOL?!

Uups, i stand corrected, she on the other hand is obviously just a 'normal' actress ... 

He is a celebrity racer, he test drives for a popular motorbike magazine and is something of a household name, he is by definition, a star.

10 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

He is a celebrity racer, he test drives for a popular motorbike magazine and is something of a household name, he is by definition, a star.

Wowza, lots of new expressions today 'cause never heard of a 'celebrity racer' either.

Plus by what definition, locally you get couple likes on your last selfie together with some food  &  you're an 'internet/online celebrity (star?)' already.

I mean don't get me wrong here, fine with me, it's always funny, sort of ... 

3 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

Wowza, lots of new expressions today 'cause never heard of a 'celebrity racer' either.

Plus by what definition, locally you get couple likes on your last selfie together with some food  &  you're an 'internet/online celebrity (star?)' already.

Pete Thongchua who is a "movie star" who now races cars, would be considered a celebrity racer.

30 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

interpret normal? 

... as opposed to, dunno, 'star-actress', 'actress-star' ... fairly sure i repeatedly came across something along that line on here ...

edit: of course there's the next step = Thai super star ... i don't think there's anything above but obviously not an expert ...

Edited by jollyhangmon

1 minute ago, jollyhangmon said:

I am sure you know what both racer and a celebrity are, this man being both, the latter being a result of the former, hardly difficult to understand and plenty of sports stars have gone on to become celebrities worldwide, this is not something unique.  And his "star" status does not come from getting likes online but rather from being on popular TV shows, you know, the usual way, not sure why you are being so bitter about this, the man is a star, now he also appears to be a crook, that would be the thing to concentrate on.

2 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

I am sure you know what both racer and a celebrity are, this man being both, the latter being a result of the former, hardly difficult to understand and plenty of sports stars have gone on to become celebrities worldwide, this is not something unique.  And his "star" status does not come from getting likes online but rather from being on popular TV shows, you know, the usual way, not sure why you are being so bitter about this, the man is a star, now he also appears to be a crook, that would be the thing to concentrate on.

Bitter? Your take. As i said i find it amusing, confusing too admittedly.

But you're right, on topic: with him being a star-racer, sorry celebrity racing star that little alleged drug money-laundering shouldn't be a serious affair here ...  

Gee whiz, this forum is a bitchfest.

Perhaps when Patt is asked where she got her millions from she could ask the policeman asking her

" And what about you, where did you get YOUR millions from Mr. policeman? "

and then followed up by

"So then, how much do you want from me now so I can go home?"

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He has been released on bail, which was granted on the |condition that he does not leave |the country without court permission. 

For sure he would never consider that, knowing that a jail sentence of many years is hanging above his head like a sword of Damocles.

How about confiscating his passport instead?

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

It's not acting school, just to be the son or daughter of someone so called important and very rich , is required to get a job like that !

Edited by off road pat

On 3/12/2017 at 6:15 AM, ezzra said:

Or football coaching - American or Association. Multi millionaires who get to act as well!