Thailand’s Public Health Ministry Warns About Heatstroke as Temperatures Rise

webfact

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry Warns About Heatstroke as Temperatures Rise

CHIANG RAI – Thailand’s Public Health Ministry on Sunday warned citizens throughout the Nation that the rising temperatures during the hot season is raising the risk of heatstroke throughout the country.

Permanent secretary Dr Sopon Mekthon has advised citizens to drink up to 2 litres of water a day during summer to lower the risk of heatstroke.

It is predicted that Mercury may soar as high as 43 degrees Celsius over the next seven weeks in the south and up to 38 degrees in Chiang Rai according to AccuWeather.com

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailands-public-health-ministry-warns-about-heatstroke-as-temperatures-rise.html

changraitimes_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang Rai Times 2017-03-13

Notice to all Mad Dogs ! now the time to cut your grass at midday with no hat on and just vest with a cold beer in one hand ! or perhaps go for a nice long bike ride in the afternoon or better still go jogging without hat on ! yes even better than that summer is here I know down to the beach to boil like a over ripe lobster after consuming gallons of ice cold beer and no sunscreen on ! then moan that its Thailand's fault ! take head of the warnings Pomes no good crying for salvation afterwards see how the Thais cope with it and follow there lead might give you a clue ! LoL !  

I have worked in some of the hottest places on Earth, and drinking plenty of water is a good idea. But without enough salt in your body, you cannot perspire and cool off, which can cause Heat Stroke. So for me I add a little more salt to my meal.

If you have High Blood Pressure, then best you stay inside in an air-conditioned room.  

28 minutes ago, Ceruhe said:

Already looking forward to getting the warning about cold showers in winter.

Don't forget the warnings to "Not run with scissors" along with "Don't stick your hand in the fan".

I have worked in some of the hottest places on Earth, and drinking plenty of water is a good idea. But without enough salt in your body, you cannot perspire and cool off, which can cause Heat Stroke. So for me I add a little more salt to my meal.

If you have High Blood Pressure, then best you stay inside in an air-conditioned room.  

Adding a pinch of sea salt to water is best for getting more sodium in, and not refined table salt.

Archived